Alright folks. It's the day after Thanksgiving, so I am in "go" mode for Christmas!
Do you have that silly rule about not listening to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving? I do! Today I can listen to Christmas music guilt-free!
How do you look forward to Christmas? We have several Christmas advent calendars:
* We have the Christmas tree countdown that I shared last year.
* We also have the classic felt Christmas tree calendar. We will be pulling a felt object out of the calendar each day and pinning it on the tree!
* Of course we are continuing the Santa Beard tradition by adding cotton balls to Santa's beard every day until Christmas.
* Last week, I also shared this Super Saturday story book binder we made at my ward's Super Saturday. We will use this as our family scripture study, sharing a scripture, song, and special Christmas story every day until Christmas. (By the way, I have received tons of e-mails requesting that I share this with you. I love sharing ideas with you, but I don't feel right about sharing someone else's work. I simply made the binder cover in my class--the content of the binder was created by someone else. Feel free to take this idea and make it your own!)
* Just like last year, Little Man is SO excited for our Christmas Book Advent. I am sure many of you do this very same thing!
Every day during the month of December, Little Man will find a book wrapped up underneath the Christmas tree. I don't know about you, but I LOVE Christmas books. I can't wait to share some of my favorites with Little Man. So several days ago, we wrapped up all of our books so they're all ready to go! I combined several of my favorite books from our own storybook library along with a few books we'll be checking out from the local library.
Here are some of the books that we'll be reading this year:
Mickey's Christmas Carol
Merry Christmas, Curious George
The First Night
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
If You Take a Mouse to the Movies
Santa's Toy Shop
Here Comes Santa Claus
Mortimer's Christmas Manger
Little Robin's Christmas
Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
The Baker's Dozen
Franklin's Christmas Gift
Frosty the Snow Man
Froggy's Best Christmas
A Piggie Christmas
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell
What Santa Can't Do
Snowmen At Christmas
The Biggest, Most Beautiful Christmas Tree
The Mouse Before Christmas
Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad (Little Critter series)
Twas the Night Before Christmas
Room For a Little One
The Little Drummer Boy
You might notice that there are more than 25 books on my list because I am having a difficult time narrowing down the final book list!
I wrapped up our books in plain brown paper and used scrapbook paper scraps and my scalloped paper punch to dress them up a bit. We plan to work on number recognition with the number/date tags on the books.
You may remember last year's book advent.
Every day in December, I shared ideas for crafts and activities based on our Christmas book for that day.
We will be repeating many of those same activities this year!
What books will you be reading this Christmas? Do you have some good recommendations?
PS Don't forget about the Black Friday sale on the Silhouette! Check out the secret page for the Silhouette Cameo here. Almost everything in the Silhouette store will be 30% off. If you use the promo code "OOPSEY", you will score an extra 10% off, for a total of 40% off! The deals will be good from 12:01 AM on November 25th until 11:59 PM on November 28! Maybe you can go do a little shopping??