Bubble Birthday Party

Hooray!  I have time to craft for fun!  Last week my sweet nephew turned 2 years old.  Really there couldn't be a cuter, sweeter boy.  He has everyone in the entire family wrapped around his little fingers.  So with the adjustments I made to my blogging schedule, I had ample time to help my sister prepare for the big birthday party.  Today I want to share just a few peeks into the party.

My nephew loves bubbles, so this theme was perfect.  Despite the enormous wind storm on the evening of the party (and it was all planned for outdoors!), we made it work.  In fact, perhaps the massive winds actually provided for bigger bubbles!

Decor & More

Funny Story:  I made the hanging circle garlands.  Every time the door opened, the wind knocked them down.  I think we re-hung them at least 4 times!  Darn wind.  My sister was so clever!  She planned the entire dinner menu around "Round Foods" and "Foods that Pop." I was surprised at everything she thought of!

Round Foods - Pizza balls, Meatballs, Fruit Rounds, Vegetable Rounds, Sliders, Chips, Cake Pops

Foods that POP - Popcorn/Caramel corn, Candy that pops (Blow Pops, Ring Pops, Pop Rocks), Popsiciles, Popeye's Spinach Salad, Popcorn Chicken Jalapeno Poppers, Corn Dog Poppers, Soda Pop.

After dinner, it was time to play with bubbles of all shapes and sizes!  The birthday boy was perfectly content with the bubble machine all night long.

With all the wind, you barely had to blow.  The wind did all the work!  The kids loved running around chasing the bubbles!

My favorite bubbles were the fly swatter bubbles!  The kids dipped 50-cent fly swatters in homemade bubble solution and just ran around the yard.  It was amazing to see how many bubbles they made!  Little Man is already begging to do this again.  We may be doing this all summer long!

Who knew there were so many bubble contraptions?!  And the cool thing is they are all inexpensive.

The kids played a fun Cake Walk game in bubble style!  They jumped on bubble wrap with colored paper underneath.  Once the music stopped, the child on the color selected got a sticker!  They absolutely loved jumping on that bubble wrap!

What a fun time!  On our way home from the party, Little Man said at least 3 times, "Mom, I really loved that bubble party."  Great party, sis!!

Did you have a happy Memorial Day?  I hope so!

P.S. Oopsey Daisy's final business post is coming up in the next day or two.  From here on out--it's all fun!!!  So exciting.

4357e5c45ade600afc1bf714c86ba16e77c374a1ca0f4bd69e

Comments

1. Looks like a fantabulous party Alison!!! ;)
    Bonnie @ Uncommon recently posted..5 Free Blogging Organizer PrintablesMy Profile

2. Celeste says:

I can’t believe you were able to get such good pictures despite the crazy wind and chaos! Thank you for all your darling party decorations and help.

3. Soooo cute!!! I think the bubble wrap game is my favorite. So fun and inexpensive! My son would love that!! Thanks so much for sharing this amazing party, my friend!
    Michele @ The Scrap Shopp recently posted..Patriotic Pinwheels {& Double Pinwheel Tutorial}My Profile

4. Melissa says:

SUPER FUN Party ideas! So Cute! :)
    Melissa recently posted..Livvy’s expressionsMy Profile

5. Heather says:

what a cute idea!! I wish my kids had birthdays in the warmer months. We’ve got November and December. I love the food ideas!

6. Rachael says:

cute party! Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the great ideas.
    Rachael recently posted..More Good News!My Profile

7. What a fun and clever party!
    Brandy Miller recently posted..Busy busy busyMy Profile

8. Eva Scott says:

What a really cute birthday theme! Fun!!
    Eva Scott recently posted..Favorite Things Toy BoxMy Profile

9. Angie says:

What a fun, fun party! My one year old LOVES bubbles–every morning he asks to go play with his bubble machine. Maybe we’ll be doing this for party #2. Thanks for the idea!

10. Karen says:

love the garlands

11. Angela says:

What a fun party! The kids look like they had a blast! I’m loving your blog by the way. So many happy, bright and colorful photos! I’m going to stay a while and look around. Have a great day! :)
    ~Angela

12. Kelly says:

Adorable idea!!! Where did you get the decor and food labels for the bubble party?

13. Ginny says:

I love the bubble font – what is it called?

14. Looks great! I work as a Children’s Entertainer and Magician and in the summer I sometimes get asked to provide bubbles for parties. It’s more than just magic, it’s magical.
    Have you seen the bubble thing? It might not be suitable for two year olds, but it’s great for older kids. It can create ten foot long bubbles – It’s amazing!

15. Ok so I totally love this idea & am using most of your ideas for my birthday girl next Saturday! Thank you for the inspiration and ideas! I will post my own pictures after the party. Thanks again!
    munchie’s mommy recently posted..Fabulous Fashionista: Denim on denim, Leopard sweater, & ankle bootsMy Profile

16. Laura says:

Great idea! I am having a bubble party for my daughter on Saturday. What was in the bubble solution you made?

17. I did a polka dot party for our daughter when she was one and did similar things. I love bubble wrap for the kids. Thanks for more great ideas.

18. I had seen this post last year while looking for b’day party ideas for my 1yr old. But now he’ll be 2 in few days and at a perfect age to enjoy bubbless….I am planning a bubble party this time and thought to stop by and say thanks for the lovely idea. Even my guests are thrilled by the idea of a bubble party :-) Thank you again!
    Manju @ Manju’sEatingDelights recently posted..PazhamPori (Ripe Plantain fritters) … our favorite tea time snack!My Profile

19. Sarena says:

What a fun party?! I just love the bubble wrap game and will be using it at my son’s party. The main reason I visited your blog is because I would like to know the name of the font that you used for the “bubble party” title and “birthday boy” sub-title. I’ve been searching for it for a week with no luck. What’s the name? Thanks in advance :)

20. gd says:

cake pops are essential for my kids B-day parties. Mine are gone in about 5 minutes flat. :)
    gd recently posted..Voicemail Scripts For BusinessesMy Profile

21. Looks like so much fun! Perfect for your birthday boy!