A Big Enormous Thank You!

Wow.  I almost don't know where to begin.

Let's start with thank you.  Although "Thank You" doesn't seem nearly enough.  As I closed my eyes and hit "publish" on my last post, I was almost afraid to  check my e-mail the next morning.  Your kind responses have absolutely overwhelmed me with happiness and encouragement.  I sat at my laptop and cried outright for a few days.  I saved each and every thoughtful comment and e-mail.  I plan to respond to each one.  As my second family, thank you for giving me "permission" to enjoy my first family.  I think I needed that.

The last few days have been wonderful in every way.  I can't believe I thought I might have spare time without blogging every day!  I am still incredibly busy!  But I find myself doing the things I want and need to be doing as a wife and mom.  Putting family first just feels right.  I can enjoy each moment with my sweet boys.

So much has happened!  Our house is coming together.  After a week with mr. oopsey daisy home all week {finally!}, every room in our house is finally unpacked and organized except for my craft room.  And that's only because  I'm actually preparing to paint my craft room.  I am thrilled to paint a room in my own house for the very.first.time!  The dear sweet paint lady at our local Ace has become my new best friend.  I have her on speed dial.

We have been getting A LOT of work done inside our house.  My fabulous brother-in-law and husband needed three ladders to hang the light fixture in our entry way.   Precarious.  Our electrician is my new favorite person.  (Second only to the paint lady.)  We had lighting wired and installed in every room of the house.  All I can say is thank goodness for Pinterest for giving us lots of last-minute ideas for light fixtures!

We are getting plenty of work done outdoors too!  We love our back yard and never want to go inside.  Hubby is taking such great care of the yard--I find it kind of cute.  His dreams are coming true as he is finally building a shed in the back yard.  LIttle Man's dreams all came true when he got to sit inside this Bobcat.

I have a lovely raised garden that I just can't get enough of!  Just yesterday, this happened!  My peas and beans have sprouted, and now I just need to make plant markers for them!  I love my garden!

Summer has finally arrived.  Little Man loves playing in the sprinklers, helping his Daddy take care of the grass, and just running around outside.  Gotta love his farmer's tan.

Remember how I mentioned that I still have a few outstanding "business" posts?  Well, there is a great deal on a Silhouette coming up tomorrow.  But I just had to check in before that to tell you how grateful I am for each one of you who read this lil' blog.  Thank you for everything!

Have a happy day!

Comments

1. Jo-Ann says:

Thank you somuch for shareing your heart and being real. I think most of us are where you were. i have only been blogging for a short while but I feel it is all consuming. I want to do a good job yet I do not want to neglect any of my first responsibilities. The first being time with God and second my husband and family. So thank you. You have confirmed my heart to me. I am praying I will please God and get all in the right place and perspective. Blessing dear one, JoAnn
    Jo-Ann recently posted..Sugarless Date-Raisin-Nut MuffinsMy Profile

2. Katie says:

What an inspiration you are!! I pray that the Lord will give you the strength to get through this “rough patch” and the patience to know He knows whats best! Which is NOT easy at times. I think the fact you are putting your husband and son before even something as precious to you as your blog is so admirable! Looking forward to continue to see how the Lord works in your lives and the lives of your family! Thank you for being a blessing in my life! I wish I could meet you in person!
    Katie recently posted..{Homemade By You #13 & {GIVEAWAY}My Profile

3. Lindy says:

Alison – you are such a wonderful person and so inspirational. I’ve only been blogging about a year but nothing compared to yours. You so deserve to be and spend time with your ‘sweet boys’ as you call them. You are real and tell it from the heart and that is what I keep coming back day after day. I may not always comment but Oopsey Daisy has given me TONS of inspriation on crafts, family and real life. xoxo

4. Lia V says:

Alison- I am so happy for you that you made this decision! I have 4 kids and I am so busy at home that I barely have time to read your blog (but I make time to do it anyway because I love it so much) let alone actually create anything. I am officially one year behind in my scrapbooking photos and that to me is a disaster! LOL. A whole new world is opening up for you and you are going to love it! You have been such an inspiration for me and I hope that in my future (maybe when all my kids are in school) I will finally have more time to create all the wonderful things you have posted.

5. Julie Snow says:

It is a very exciting thing to have a new home to put your signature on! I am so happy for you! Kudos again mom for doing the right thing – you know it’s right because it FEELS GOOD! Love ya!
    Julie Snow recently posted..A Happy Mother’s DayMy Profile

6. Looks like you’re living your dream, Alison! <3
    Sue {munchkin munchies} recently posted..Double~Decker Flag Cookies & SprinkleBakes Book Winner!My Profile

7. So you’ve taken a break from blogging full time, you are enjoying your family, and STILL have found a way to write a fabulously wonderful blog post! You make me smile! I truly want to be like you when I grow up (even though you’re way younger than me!)

8. Shirley Lupton says:

Enjoy life because it flies by so fast. God Bless

9. Jackie says:

Love this post – it shows how truely happy you are right now which is all that really matters, right? I hope you’ll share photos of your craft room when you are done – I know how muc you love that space!!! Anyway, everything about this today makes me happy for you – there is nothing better than being a mom and being able to enjoy it!

10. Yeah! Doing what God wants always feels right and I’m proud you made that decision. I look forward to your posts even if they are only once a month. You are the first blog I ever followed, ever commented on and ever guest posted on. Thank you for your inspiration and supporting the “little people” :-) !!!! You are real, you are kind and I love the things that you share. Enjoy your time with your boys, that’s what really matters in life.
    Heather@Creative Preschool Resources recently posted..Winner Winner!My Profile

11. How thrilling it must be to have your own home at last! So thrilled for you!!
    Sarah Westover McKenna recently posted..SALE: Fun Circle Chain Dangle Earrings with Pale Teal Bead by BombshellBlingMy Profile

12. Rachel says:

Alison,
    I first found your blog for the Mommy School and I absolutely love it. I can’t wait til you have more. I check all the time. Thanks for sharing with me, who is not very creative or come up with cute ideas. I have an almost 4 year old and 18 month old. Mothering is hard but so worth it and like you, I feel like I was putting way too much time into other things and not my family. I still have a lot to balance better but feel I am being a mommy much better. It is hard to forget about your own wants and focus on others. If I remember right, you went to BYU right, so did I almost 10 years ago (can’t believe that, I’m getting old). I am glad we have that connection. I am one who doesn’t comment a lot, and in fact I don’t check blogs as much anymore either because I felt it was one thing I was doing too much, even though the reason was good – to get ideas for my kids, but then I never had time to do them. Yours is one I check often though so keep up the good work, as time allows of course. THanks again!

• Thanks so much Rachel! I completely understand that commenting is just one more thing to do. (Though this comment means a lot to me!) We have to put family first–something I am still learning! Yes, we have our BYU connection! And Mommy School! I can’t wait to get back in the swing of Mommy School again soon!!

13. Tabitha says:

I have always enjoyed your posts, you put so much into them it inspires me, but I am glad that you feel so right giving more time to your family! I am a bit jealous, you get your own craft room (and the fortune to paint it to boot!). I have had to give mine up to my oldest girl when she said 1) mom, you don’t use it anymore (cause I am taking care of you, Girlfriend!) and 2) I just can’t stand sharing with my sister and my brother anymore, I need a door I can lock (don’t we all darling!). You just keep having fun, and if you think of us just let us know what’s on your crafty mind!