Sunday’s Snippets: Moving Day!

Thanks for tuning in for Sunday's Snippets!  For me, Sundays are all about faith and family.  Each Sunday, I take a break from my usual creative routine to share snippets of everyday life with you.  Thanks for reading!

This has been one of the most exciting (and exhausting!) weeks of my entire life.  It has been a crazy blur of packing, cleaning, and moving!  I haven't been this stiff and sore in years!  Anyone want to meet for a day at the spa?

But waking up yesterday for the very first time in our own house was one of the happiest moments of our lives!

Although we had planned to move, we had no idea we would be moving quite this soon!  Because of a variety of circumstances, we realized last week that we would have about 10 days to pack up the old house, clean the new house, move into the new house, and clean the old house!  And because the old home and new home were just blocks apart, we spent each evening taking trailer loads to jumpstart the moving process.

Friday morning, we met to sign papers for our house closing!  We were groggy, tired, and wearing 2-day-old clothes.  But it was a very happy day!

Just a few hours later, Little Man's dreams came true because he helped his Daddy pick up the moving truck!  He has been looking forward to seeing the Uhaul truck for a very long time!

We are so blessed with great friends.  I mean really great friends! We had a crew of at least 12 guys from our church help us with the big move.  They packed up the house and unloaded the truck in just 3 hours.   Not bad!  By the time I made it to the old house to do the cleaning, several of my friends from church had already beat me to it!  I arrived just in time for them to tell me they had finished the cleaning.  The home was all ready for the new tenant to move into that very night!

Like I said... we are blessed.  I so appreciate the generosity and kindness of our sweet friends.

So here we are.  Hello house!

Mr. oopsey daisy keeps asking me why I'm not more concerned with unpacking.  The truth is--I just think it's a miracle that we made it!  I'm counting my blessings to be here--even if it means stumbling around in a maze of boxes!

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend enjoying the spring weather!

Comments

1. Tasha says:

Wow, you are AMAZING!! That is quite the task. I am so excited for you though. I cannot wait to see what fun projects you do with the new house!
    Tasha recently posted..Friday Link PartyMy Profile

2. Hooray!! You did it!! I’m excited for you to have a new blank canvas to work with:)

3. Kari says:

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! So happy for you and your new house is so cute! I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Kari
    Kari recently posted..Feature You Friday #16My Profile

4. Jenny says:

Your new home looks beautiful! Congratulations on your new adventure!
    Jenny recently posted..Guest Blogger: Alicia from Sweet Ava Kate–Craft Room Reveal!My Profile

5. Congratulations again my friend!! It is so fun and awesome to actually own your own home!
    Allison {A Glimpse Inside} recently posted..{Feature Friday} #66My Profile

6. Shelisa says:

Welcome home! A beautiful home that will no doubt be full of laughter, stories, and wonderful projects we can all put on our to do lists;) Best wishes to you.
    Shelisa recently posted..Fake Egg Dying and other Early Childhood Easter IdeasMy Profile

7. Angie K. says:

So pretty and it looks like you had good weather too! Enjoy your new digs. Also, the boxes will always be there. We still have some after having moved almost two years ago!
    Angie K. recently posted..Wednesday, April 1, 1931My Profile

8. Woohoo!! Congrats and welcome home, my friend!! The house is lovely. Yay for good helpers!!
    Michele @ The Scrap Shopp recently posted..Social Saturday – The Story of a CakeMy Profile

9. Heather says:

what a cute house!! looks like you guys have a gigantic backyard!

10. Congratulations! What a beautiful house. I can’t wait to see what you have in store for it! You’re going to have a blast making it yours!
    Brandy Miller recently posted..While the Cat is Away….My Profile

11. Diana says:

Congratulations on the new house and the move! It’s beautiful. Enjoy!! :) xoxo
    Diana recently posted..Just Something I Whipped Up + Reader SurveyMy Profile

12. Maureen says:

Congratulations! Your new home looks beautiful and I wish you and your family many blessed years together in it.

13. Shirley Lupton says:

Congrats! can’t wait to see the inside as the outside is beautiful. I know you will love it up with all your special touches. Thanks for sharing.

14. A spa date sounds delightful! Congrats on a darling house.
    Jessie Gunderson recently posted..March Is for Mud and 10 Top PostsMy Profile

15. Janet says:

I’m so happy everything went so smoothly for you guys! Your new house looks so warm and inviting–I can see why you love it. :)
    Janet recently posted..Large Chicken Wire Frame and Barnwood Painting TechniqueMy Profile