Mickey Mouse Birthday Invitations

I seem to work on just about everything last minute.  I don't know if I necessarily work well under pressure or I just can't get my act together!  But the invitations have been sent, so this Mickey Mouse birthday party is really going to happen!

I loved creating these Mickey Mouse party invitations!  When it comes to invites, I'm usually a Photoshop gal.  So it was fun to to do some paper crafting this time instead!

Do you want to create your own Mickey Mouse pocket invitation?

Come check it out...

I started out by creating a Mickey head and a pocket sized to fit in Photoshop.  Then I cut them out on my Cricut.  I also cut out "A" monograms.

Each invitation needed:

-- A Mickey head (black)

-- Pocket (red)

-- 2 buttons

-- 2 monograms (to layer on top of each other)

-- Circle invitation to place inside pouch

-- A picture for the back!

First, I carefully sewed the pocket to the Mickey head, making sure they were lined up perfectly.

Next, I ran the monograms through my Cuttlebug machine to give them some texture.  I pasted these on the front of the Mickey head.

Little Man loved helping with this part!  He loves using my craft machines!

I traced a cup to create a circle on my photo, cut it out, and pasted this on the back.

All done!  What do you think??

You know me--I have to personalize everything with a photo! :)

This is the circle invitation I slipped inside the pouch.

Did you know there is a "Mickey Mouse" and "Minnie Mouse" font?!  I used the Minnie Mouse font so it would scream Mickey Mouse!

Invitations mailed.... check!

Now I just need to do everything else! :)

Credits

In my search on Pinterest, I found many lovely Mickey Mouse invitations!  I used a combination of the ideas I found here at Pieper's Timeless Memories etsy shop and here at Embellishing Life. Thanks for the great ideas, ladies!

Come back tonight around 5:00 PM to link up your fabulous ideas!

Comments

1. Those are seriously the cutest invitations ever! You did a fantastic job Alison!

2. these invites turned out adorable!! he is going to have one awesome mickey party!! :)

3. Melanie Bremer says:

I’m totally pinning this idea. My little boy will be 3 in a couple months and he LOVES Mickey Mouse!! Thanks for sharing!

4. Tasha says:

SO SO cute! I love them. We did ones very similar to these too. I just love how you added a picture and sewed them. ADORABLE.

5. ADORABLE!!!

6. Kristin Bolling says:
    • Jinnie Huff says:

I Would love to find out some more ideas for my sons 2 birthday if you dont mind. My son loves Mickey Mouse. I plan on going all out!

7. Jenny says:

Your invitations make me want to throw a Mickey party! Soooo cute! I love that they’re stitched!

8. Karen says:

I saw this blog today and thought of you and your Mickey and Minnie Mouse party! I thought they might be something you’d be interested in adding to ‘little man’s’ party!

9. Super duper cute, Alison!! I love the little pockets, and the font is PERFECT!! The picture is an awesome touch and so “you!” Love the stitching, too, my friend! Fantastic job!

10. Brandi Yee says:

Oh my goodness, those are so cute! I am SOOOO jealous that you have a cricut! I want one lol.

11. Those are just adorable invitations! Who wouldn’t want to come to a party after receiving it!

Susan,
    A community to Create – Share – Inspire

12. Katania says:

We are definitely on the same page. I am currently planning my son’s 3rd birthday and guess what it’s Mickey Mouse as well. My original plan was to create the same style invites using my Cricut but was worried they wouldn’t be big enough for people to read. What size did you make the invitation and what type of envelope did you use, if you don’t mind sharing. I love the added detail of sewing the pocket! Thanks, Katania of KT Designs

13. Amy says:

These are just adorable!! I know some Disney fans who would go crazy for this idea! I’d be thrilled if you’d share it here:

14. Kate says:

Adorable invitations! Love them! Great work!

15. Devan says:

Question….I’m looking at doing something similiar for my daughter’s first birthday. How did you mail these? I thought it would be cute if I could put the receipent’s name and address on the backside and a stamp on the ear, but I wasn’t sure how that would work and wanted to see how yours were mailed out. Too cute!! Thanks!
    Devan recently posted..The beginning of my super messy adventuresMy Profile

16. Celesa says:

Hello. I saw our invitation as I was googling Mickey Mouse head. I am helping my sister plan her little boys birthday party in the Mickey Mouse theme and would like to make a Mickey Banner with the Mickey heads. I noticed that you created this in photoshop (which I have) and cut them on your cricut (which I have) If you dont mind, how do I go about doing this? I would love your help if possible. Thank you so much. Hope to hear from you.
    Celesa Felix

17. Mickelle Gregory says:

I love your invitations! They turned out so cute! I am hoping to re create something like this with my cricut. I am wondering what sizes you did. For your pocket did you just cut off the top part of Mickey? Please let me know! :) Thanks!

• Mickelle Gregory says:

Never mind, after much thought and trying to figure it out. It’s just a circle cut in half. :) I’m dumb. I figured for the mailing I’ll just fold the ears down. Hope that helps anyone else! :)

• Alison says:

Ha. Yes, Mickelle, I just cut a circle in half for the pocket. I actually just handed out my invitations, so I’m not sure what size of envelope to use. I hope your party turns out great!
        Alison recently posted..DIY Milk GlassMy Profile

18. Julia Taibo-Cueto says:

I would love to make this invites for my son that is turning one… but I am not sure if you purchase cartrige with the mikey head or how you tranfered the shape to your Cricut. Can you please assit

• Hi Julia. I designed this shape in a design program (it’s actually no longer available) and cut it out on the Cricut, but you could also design the shape in the Silhouette Designing Software to cut out. Unfortunately, the shape is not available to purchase on a cricut cartridge–at least that I know of. I hope that helps!

• Cheryl says:

My friend had a Mickey & Friends cartridge and the Mickey head is available on that. I think we used 7.5 so that it would fit in a 8×8 envelope

19. Katie says:

These invites are soo cute. My mother in law has a circut and I have photoshop. I was just wondering how to transfer the Mickey head to the machine? Thanks for your help!!

20. Kelli Sullivan says:

Do you remember the name of the font that you used for the text of the invitation?

21. Pamela Moran says:

I was wondering what type of paper did you use for the invitations. I am planning on doing something similar but just dont know what type of paper I should use.

22. Susie Spagnol says:

Alison, I just purchased the circuit mini as well as the Mickey cartridge. I found the shape and started playing around on it. I am using just normal card stock and when I pull the paper off the mat the paper seems to start to curl. Is there some better paper to use for these? Also, do you remember the size you made these?

• Alison says:

Hi Susie! That seems to happen a lot on a new Cricut mat because it’s so sticky. (But you’re lucky–it will lose its stickiness after lots of use!) I would use a very thick cardstock–probably one found at a local scrapbook store. If it still curls, just lay it flat underneath a heavy object and it should lay flat again. The size of the insert was a 4 inch circle if that helps you ballpark the size of the rest of the invite! I hope that helps!
      Alison recently posted..DIY Milk GlassMy Profile

23. Aleeza says:

This birthday looks amazing! Did you use fabric or paper for the invitation pocket?

24. Adriana says:

How much would you charge to make these invitations for my soon to be one year old?

25. Carrie Foust says:

Hello my name is Carrie Foust and I am planning my sons second birthday party! My son loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! I was wanting to know if you could make these invitations for me. Please let me know if you can make them and if you can how much you would charge for 20 of them. Thank you for your time!
    Carrie Foust recently posted..DIY Milk GlassMy Profile

26. Svet says:

Hello Alison, how are you? I was looking for ideas for my sons second birthday party. I love, love your invitations,love the stiching and the photo. Unfortunately I don’t have any of the machines that you use. I would like to know if you can make 24 for me and how much will cost me. Thank you so much and congratulations of all the ideas that I saw, yours is the very best.
    Kind Regards
    Svett

27. Samantha says:

What type a fabric is it that you use? These are do adorable

28. Stefanie says:

Hi there. Very cute invites. I am making some similar but am having a tough time finding the fonts for the insert. Where did you find the fonts? Thanks!
    Stefanie

1. [...] your own Mickey Mouse birthday party invitations!Read More… [Source: birthday invitations - Google Blog [...]