Baptism Subway Art {Printable}

Hello friends!  I hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend!

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  In my Church I serve in the Primary presidency teaching children 18 months to 12 years old.  We have a very large Primary--over 140 children in our congregation!  So I stay very busy with my Primary duties, and I love it!

As we looked ahead to the upcoming year, we wanted to prepare a gift for the children who would be baptized in the upcoming year.  Children are baptized just after their eighth birthday.  I had seen some baptism subway art on Pinterest and loved the idea, so I set out to create my own!

Pin It

I wanted to customize this for each child, so I included the child's name and the date he/she was baptized.   This way, each child can display their subway art and remember this important day!

Are you ready to download your own?  I have created a customizable version to insert a name and date (if you have Photoshop) or a generic version (without a name and date) for you to download your own.

This version requires Photoshop to customize the name and date.  All images are 5x7.

Customizable boy version

Customizable girl version

Instructions:

* Using the links above, download the .psd files and import them into Photoshop.

* You will find that the file has 2 text layers:  "Name here" and "Date here."

* Using the text tool, type name using Lobster font on the name line (top).

* Using the text tool, type date using the Engravers font on the date line (bottom).

* Depending on the length of the text, you may need to resize the text to fit.

* Save and upload to Costco as a 5x7 to print.

This version does not require Photoshop, but it has no name or date.  All images are 5x7.

Generic boy version

Generic girl version

Instructions:

* Using the links above, download the .png files.

* Save and upload to Costco as 5x7 print.

Here is how the boy version looks--I love the blues and grays!

The girl version with pinks and grays.

So what are you up to this week?

I still have plenty of preparations for our Mickey Mouse birthday party coming up this week plus Valentine's Day!  There will be lots of fun going on in our house!

Comments

1. so great! Thanks so much for sharing-a great idea to give the kids getting baptized!

2. Ginger says:

Those are awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

3. Bethany says:

Thank you so much! My son just got baptized this weekend. So I cant wait to make this for him and put it up in his room.

4. Super cute, and what a fun keepsake for the children! How generous are you to make this available for everyone. :)

5. Kara says:

These are awesome Alison! My son gets baptized this year, so I’m pinning this so I don’t forget about it. :)

6. Krista says:

These are wonderful! My oldest son got baptized last Feb., and I’m going to print one for him. Thank you for providing this!

7. Lindsay says:

This is fabulous Alison ! Thank you for Sharing, my neice is getting baptized in April do I’m so going to use this!!!! Thank you thank you!

8. Cheryl says:

Thank you! Love it…printing one for my newly baptized girl and pinning it for the others to follow!

9. Jenn L says:

Adorable! I’m the Primary secretary in my ward and have an 8 year old baptism scheduled for next weekend. This is perfect timing.

10. Amy C says:

These are so cute!! What a great idea for a personalized gift to help them remember that special day! I think I’m going to print one up for my son that was baptized 6 months ago! Thank you!

11. Kim Sandling says:

Thank you so much for this printable! My daughter will be turning 8 this year, and I love this idea for her. Your talent and creation are very appreciated!

12. Sarah says:

CTR?

13. Tasha says:

Alison, this is fabulous!!! I am so excited. My son gets baptized this year and I am definitely going to do this for him and have it out on the day of the baptism. Thank you for sharing this with all of us!

14. Kathryn says:

Thank you! I love it.

15. Cari Hozian says:

I just got called at Primary Pres in my ward and we are currently planning an 8 is Great Fireside. This is going to be perfection for the kiddos. Thank you so much for sharing.

16. My oldest will be baptized in just a couple of weeks! Thanks for this–I’ll be displaying it at the baptism!

17. Susanna says:

Thank you so much for sharing this subway art. I plan on giving these to my son and his friends as they get baptized this year!

18. Shannon says:

This is wonderful! I have my oldest turning 8 later this year and this will be a wonderful gift for him. Thank you for sharing.

19. Marilyn says:

Hi Alison, I’m a new follower! Thank you for being so inspiring, I always look forward to your creations and tweets, I especially love this craft as my niece is getting baptized next month! You are awesome! Thank you for sharing with us!

20. Janet says:

Your prints look awesome! Thanks for sharing them. :)

21. karen Weight says:

These are such a sweet idea Alison! You are so stinkin’ talented! Thanks for sharing them!!

22. Melissa says:

Thanks so much for sharing this!!! I’m the baptism coordinator for my ward and my daughter is getting baptized in May. This will be such a great way to remember for them!!

23. kellie says:

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful printable! I love it! :)

24. Kerry says:

This is great! I just got called as Primary President, so any ideas would be helpful!!

25. Tamra says:

I can’t figure out how to do this. I tried to print the generic version out at home but it will only print out as a 4×6 no matter what I do. Help!

26. Veronica says:

Well, one of my questions was already answered – I didnt know what CTR was – but I know now :) But the other thing I was wondering is why 8 years old for baptism? Just wondering :) These are very cute, and a fun gift for a special day!

• Alison@Oopsey Daisy says:

Hi Veronica! That is a great question! We believe that age 8, children are accountable and can distinguish right from wrong, so their baptism at age 8 signifies the beginning of their accountability! Children younger than 8 do not need baptism because they are innocent and not yet accountable.

27. What a great, special gift for such a special day!!

28. melissa says:

Alison, this is perfect! Chase is getting baptized this year and I definitely plan to print and display this for him! I had to comment right away from my phone to say thanks! So fun that you are in the primary presidency. I was just released as the music leader and can’t stop crying! :(. Even though I am really excited for my new calling, My heart feels at home in primary! :) thanks for sharing! Very useful! ;)

29. Lindsey says:

These are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing. I always struggle thinking of what to give for baptisms. My struggle is over! Woohoo! THANK YOU!

30. Susan C says:

What a wonderful gift to give for their baptism!

31. Sue says:

Perfect! I will need this next year when my oldest munchkin (granddaughter) turns 8! Thanks for sharing!

32. amy p says:

These are great! Can you tell us what fonts you used?

33. Ryan says:

Hi, I need help with the Photoshoping. I can’t seem to figure out how to delete the “name here” portion to insert the childs name. Can someone explain to for me?

• Alison@Oopsey Daisy says:

Hi Ryan,

In Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, open up the .psd image, and enter the “edit” tab. You should see all of the open layers in the layers palette.. Find the text layer that says “name here” and use your text tool to type the name and delete the “name here” part. Do the same for the date. I hope that helps!

34. I love this. My daughter will be baptized this year. I pinned this so I can remember to make one for her. And can I just say you are awesome. I live in a ward with a large primary too. We had over 300 before the ward split, but now we are just around 150 and I know how hard the primary presidency works. Thanks for the inspiration.

35. Joanna says:

Thanks so much for sharing! Love it!

36. I’ve subscribed and followed on Twitter! I love your blog. :)

37. Just wanted to share–I printed one and put in on the table with the programs–so cute!

38. Kyndra D says:

This is adorable! I think I’ll use it for my son’s baptism. You mentioned that you are planning a Mickey Mouse birthday…I just finished my daughter’s 5th Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party, and here was her cake (if you need any ideas which I’m sure you don’t :)) http://www.flickr.com/photos/66115697@N07/6798869498/in/photostream

39. Jody H says:

Wonderful! Thanks so much. I’m activity days leader in our ward and I’m going to make one of these for each of the new girls when they get baptized. Thanks!

40. Heidi says:

Alison, I have had this pinned for some time waiting for my son and nieces baptism. They are coming up in a few weeks and I wanted make these for them but was waiting to find out the exact date. I love it!! You are awesome! but I can’t get them to download for me ,so I saved them but it saves as .png file not as psd so I can’t edit the name and date.. I tried it with google chrome and internet explorer thinking that may have been the issue. If you read this and have the time would it be possible to e-mail it to me?? That would be even more super duper of you.. [email protected]. Thanks!

41. Kathy says:

Thank you!! I don’t have photoshop but used the free website called Pixlr and it worked great!! I found this from typing LDS baptism on Pinterest! Thank you, again!! :)

42. Ro Paxman says:

Thank you so much for these downloads. I’m sure the children will be excited to receive them when they are baptized!
    Ro Paxman recently posted..Happy New Year! (No New Year Resolutions Here)My Profile

43. Monica L. says:

Thank you!!!

1. [...] Baptism Subway Art from Oopsey Daisy – Hallway Command Center from Positively Splendid  - 2 Ingredient Cake from Lady with the Red [...]

2. [...] most viewed link last week was: Baptism Subway Art Printable at Oopsey Daisy Here are the rules for playing [...]