Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallow Eggs

Remember how yesterday I mentioned that I was living on chocolates???
It's true.
Everything is better with chocolate.
Yes, Easter is a measly 3 days away... but this is one idea you can bust out in just a few minutes!  Tis the season for decorating eggs, and these eggs satisfy my sweet tooth!
I did a happy dance when I stumbled upon these jumbo egg "mallows" at the grocery store.  I knew they were bound to make a fun *and sweet* project!
I followed the directions on the package to melt my chocolate candy coating.  I may have had to taste test this.  Several times.  Like, I ate so much that the chocolate dried up and I had to reheat it!

I stabbed a mallow egg with a lollipop stick (I also tried toothpicks) and dipped it in the chocolate.
Then, I let them dry on wax paper.  The fun part was busting out all of my decorating supplies and getting creative!  I used some frosting, sprinkles, M&M's, and left some just plain chocolate.  This is where you can get creative!
Throw in some green-tinted coconut, and you have your own special Easter egg basket!
It's like a little Easter s'more without the mess!!
Delicious!
Enjoy!
Linking to
Tidy Mom

Comments

1. Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com says:

mmmm, i think i need these for breakfast!

2. luv2decorate says:

Oh my kids would leap for joy if they saw this. Great idea. I may just try it. – Thanks

3. Those look SOOOO good! Yum!

4. Domestic Bliss(ters) says:

My (almost) 3 year old is saying 'I want to eat that!' while pointing at them. Guess we'll be making these this weekend, thanks for the idea!

5. That one girl says:

Holy! Moly!!!

6. These look absolutely amazing…and they're something I can make with my three year old! Even better!

7. So cute!

8. Amy @ Positively Splendid says:

Yum-o! I think I gained a pound just looking at these!

9. Heidiopia says:

I did this with the little bunny Peeps and they turned out so cute! By the way, the Jelly Bean Graph was a HUGE hit with my 4 year olds today!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

10. Kathryn Michelle Jenkins says:

yummy yummy! can you make me some? haha jk but they look delicious.

new follower!
    kathryn

11. Allison @ Alli 'n Son says:

I would eat just about anything chocolate-dipped. Yum!

I'd love to have you share your recipe on Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/21/quick-no-rise-chocolate-cinnamon-rolls/

12. Allison @ Alli 'n Son says:

I would eat just about anything chocolate-dipped. Yum!

13. Allison @ Alli 'n Son says:

I would eat just about anything chocolate-dipped. Yum!

14. Allison @ Alli 'n Son says:

I would eat just about anything chocolate-dipped. Yum!

15. YUM! I couldn't find these big eggs. Crud. They look yummy and you're right. Everything is better dipped in chocolate =o)

16. Ooo! These look yummy! My kiddos would love to make these! I would love for you to come link up to my Sew Crafty Party !

17. The Miller Five says:

Yummy! Those look delicious. I haven't seen those marshmallows anywhere out here. Boo!

18. gina luv says:

yummay! :)
    gina

19. ooooh yum. These looks so delicious.

20. Vivienne @ the V Spot says: