Z is for Zoo

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your positive feedback about my Mommy School packets!  I love to hear that you are using these with your own kids or preschool classes.  For some reason, feedback from Mommy School touches me more than any other project!  That must be the teacher in me!

Wow, I have been working away on this packet all weekend long, and I am so excited about it! Really--could anything be more fun than learning with a zoo theme?!  We have a zoo field trip already planned, and I just know Little Man is going to love it.
Here are some of the concepts covered in this 3-week unit:
* Letter of the week: Z
* Number of the week: 6
* Shape of the week:  Circles
*Theme of the week:  Zoo
* Song of the week:  Sally the Camel
Here are a few little teasers:
Is your interest peaked yet??
You'll find everything from zoo songs to snacks!  There are art, science, math, and story ideas.  Plus all of the fun stuff like games and activities!
I do have to enforce a few guidelines to protect myself when sharing my ideas.  So please read these Terms of Use before downloading.
* This packet is in PDF format.  Please be sure that you have the most updated version of Adobe Reader in order to open the file.
* PLEASE do not take advantage of my willingness to share.  I will not customize this packet using different fonts, colors or personalized formats.
*This packet is for personal use only!  You may use this for your own preschool class or in your own home.  You may never sell any part of this packet.
* There is a wealth of ideas on the web, and I compiled lots of fun ideas combined with my own.  Check the credits section for more great blogs and sites!
* I do have a copyright on my blog. You may not redistribute my Mommy School packets or host them on your own site.  Please link to my personal blog to refer a friend--not just to the 4shared File Sharing page link.

Credits
Clip art designs and/or fonts copyright Dianne J Hook. Used with permission from DJ Inkers. I could not share ANY of these cute fonts and clip art with you except for their support!  Thanks guys!  And be sure to check out DJ Inkers when you want the cutest clip art on the planet!

Have a "WILD" time learning with your kids!!  I can't wait to hear about it.

Comments

1. Anne Marie says:

OMG! I just found you via "tater tots & jello" on facebook.. and I love you already!! My 4 year old LOVES these packets but being a full time law student I don't have the time to do all the hunting! You will now be her best friend LOL!!

2. Anne Marie (again... LOL!) says:

Just letting you know I am definitely spreading the love in my latest post! Thanks so much for all you do!!!

3. Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder says:

My youngest is 5, but a big part of me wants to print these out anyway; they are just so amazing!

4. Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder says:

5. Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder says:

6. Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder says:

7. reasonstoskipthehousework says:

The teacher in me {pre stay at home days} LOVES that you do this. My daughter is only one, but I will certainly be doing these same types of things with her in the future!

Smiles,
    Melanie
    Reasons To Skip The Housework
    Tuesday Time Out Link Up Party

8. thanks for another awesome packet!

LOVE this one! I'm going to have to download it for my little guy. He adores the zoo. In fact, he's been the last 2 weekends!! :)

10. Brooke Roberts says:

I am so grateful for all the work you put into these packets! Thank you so much!

11. Thank you soooo much! My kiddos LOVE these packets. They can't wait to see what letter is next!

12. Sandoval Family says:

Oh my goodness! You are seriously my hero! Thank you SOOO much for putting these together and sharing these with us! My kids LOVE them! This will be PERFECT because we are planning a trip to the zoo the first week of April! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! You are FANTASTIC!

13. Thank you so much for all the time you put into making these packets. I'm a former teacher and appreciate and realize the precious hours it takes to put something like this together. Thank you so much for sharing! My little guy is only 9 months but I've been downloading your packets waiting for the day I can use it with him. I'm excited!

14. Carlie and Trent & Co. says:

Thanks for sharing! I love incorporating your ideas into my lessons for teaching preschool! My favorites are your action flash cards and the songs, but I love it all!

15. Carlie and Trent & Co. says:

16. Carlie and Trent & Co. says:

17. Carlie and Trent & Co. says:

18. Harrisons says:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! It's my turn to teach our preschool rotation next week. I can not tell you how happy I was when I clicked on and saw this. I am in charge of the letter Z which is a hard one! I am feeling like I don't have enough time to prepare like I want to so this is a HUGE blessing. And, being a former teacher myself, I know it will be developmentally appropriate and full of good stuff that is cute too! You ROCK!!

19. total awesomeness.

20. You are so so so nice to share all your hard work! Thanks so much!!

21. Miss Bear says:

Fabulous, as always!! Thank for you sharing!!

22. mylittlegems says:

Thanks for this! We are actually going to the zoo next week for a preschool fieldtrip-so this will be perfect! You inspire me to make some of my own packets- but I'm not too computer savvy! Love your blog and look forward to meeting you soon :)

23. The Durfee Family says:

Thank you so much for sharing this! I can't wait to put it to use!

24. Olives and Pickles says:

Just to let you know I just posted a raffle to help Japan.
    If you are interested on helping you are more than welcome to participate.

Patty

25. I am a preschool teacher and your little mommy units make my life so much easier! With my own busy family trying to make and come up with creative things sometimes (most times) doesn't happen…thank you for doing it for me! LOVE THEM!! We are actually finishing up an animal unit and this will be the icing on the cake!

26. brooke and tyler says:

thanks again! we all love and greatly appreciate you doing this.

27. These are so wonderful! My little one is only 1 but I am bookmarking these to use in the future. Thank you again for all your hard work.

28. ~Sharleanna~ says:

Thank you so much for sharing your hard work! My little one is 15 months and I was so unsure (and intimidated) on starting a "mommy school" I havn't started yet but with these packets I feel like I have a friend to help out! THANK AGAIN! your truly amazing!!

29. Lindsey W says:
  30. Oh, I HEART you! :)

31. Amy @ Positively Splendid says:

Alison, this is such a generous thing for you to do for everyone! You rock!

32. Jennifer says:

Oh so cute! I can't wait to do this lesson. He loves animals and the zoo is always fun to visit! Thanks so much for continuing doing these

33. Fabulous! So excited to use this with my little guy when as we get ready to head to the Zoo in a few weeks! Thank you for your time and willingness to share. You are TERRIFIC!

34. The Triplett Family says:

Another amazing packet for our little people! I am so impressed by your willingness to share, thank you a million times over!

35. Elizabeth says:

I love you for the time, talents and efforts that you put into these.Then are willing to share them with people like me with few talents for free. Thank YOU! My family appreciates you!

36. Christine says:

Thanks for these packs!! My little lady is 20 months old and loves doing "crafts"! Your ideas are awesome! I really appreciate that you are sharing your creative things with everyone else!!

37. The Doyles says:

Thanks so much for your packets!! I love that these activities can be used for such a wide range of ages. My oldest is 7 and the youngest is 18 months. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas.

38. We just got a day scheduled where my husband can take off work and we will be going to the zoo with our 1 1/2 year old. I've been thinking- "what to do, what to do?" to prep with other activities. And wa-la! You made this packet. So thank you in advance! I can't wait to do the activities with my little girl.

39. CorieAnn Scarbrough says:

I LOVE this! You're amazing for doing this! So many parents and kids will benefit because of your efforts! Way to go!

40. Shari Goodman says:

Thank you so very much! I just started a preschool and you just made my job much easier! Keep them coming!

41. Anonymous says:

You put alot of time and effort into this! So many fun ideas. We love the "5 little Monkey" song idea and the animal matching cards. Well, we love it all too. Thank you so much for sharing!

42. I've never visited your blog before, but just saw your comment on 2TeachingMommies zoo pages. What a FUN packet! (I'd been thinking about working on a zoo theme packet, but…well…it's not gonna happen now, as these are ready to go!) Thanks for your efforts – they're much appreciated!

43. Sorry, I meant to start my comment over but I ended up deleting the whole thing. Let me start again. I LOVE this Zoo Unit and I am so excited to use it with my preschool class. I really appreciat the time you put into putting this unit together. It is darling and thanks again for sharing.
    Shauna

44. Katie's Nesting Spot says:

We absolutely love the Zoo and a handy packet will be great to have for our next trip. The check off list looks great!

45. Anonymous says:

Thank you for this amazing Packet. My Daughter loves the zoo and I had been looking and trying to come up with a way to combine our trips with more formal learning.This packet does that and more! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

46. Alison, I always love your fun ideas. Thank you so much for the zoo activities. I included it in a list of fun things to do with your kiddos this summer. The entire post is here.

I hope you and your family are all doing well and enjoyed your fabulous vacation!

Holly
    Stay and Play

47. Melissa says:

Found you through a link on Money Saving Mom. I will be printing these for my daughter. Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

48. Please recheck your link, my computer blocked a viral threat when i clicked to download!

• Alison@Oopsey Daisy says:

Oops! There have been over 1500 downloads on the link so far… Better check your spyware that may be preventing downloads from certain services on the internet!

49. I can’t get your packets to download from 4shared. Can you give me some help on how to do this? I love your stuff and so thankful you have put them together. They are so fun and creative. I am trying to do a zoo unit this week and would love to use your packet. Thanks for the help in advance.
    Tanya

50. Thank you so very much for this wonderful zoo lesson plan packet. It just amazing!

51. This is great – thanks! We’ll be doing Z is for Zoo in a few weeks and this will come in handy.

52. I LOVE this pack! And my 18 month old did too! I’m a former teacher turned SAHM and have started a Tot School of sorts with my little one. The resources you and other Mommies share are so amazing! Thank you so much for everything you share with us…you’re awesome!

I made a post with some pics of our two week zoo theme with a link to your site. Take a look if you get a chance!

Thanks again for creating so many great units…we all really appreciate your hard work! :)

53. Jamie Parker says:

I am new to your site, and I have to say…..I LOVE IT!!!! This is such a great program!! Thank you for all of your work!

54. Tiffany M says:

This packet was so helpful! We just made our first trip to the zoo with our 2yr old daughter today. The activities in this packet were so helpful leading up to today! Thank you :) We used matching animal stickers for the zoo check off list rather than coloring. My little toddler loves a matching game.

55. Thank you so much for offering these adorable printables! I have used several of them with my little one. Linked to you here http://janne.cc/blog/2011/11/17/learning-about-monkeys-and-caps-for-sale/.

56. Moma Toi says:

I am starting a free home based preschool in my home for families who want a safe place for their children to grow and learn. For families who are financially unable to enroll their children in a traditional preschool. I was so excited when my daughter led me to your sight….wonderful….wonderful…wonderful…Thanks for sharing your talents…

57. Emilee Reynolds says:

Do you still have the download for Z is for Zoo? I would love to print it to make for my son. He is two and loves the zoo. Thanks.

58. Ur zoo check off list was a coloring success 4 some of the toddlers n my mommy group. After feeding the the children a picnic lunch @ the zoo, I passes out ur check list & crayons, so us mommys could finish eating. I sang ur praises & everybody was so thankful. Hopefully u’ll get a couple more fans fm this :)

59. Hi Alison,
    First off, your packets look amazing! I am also a first grade teacher, but I just had my third child and am taking a year off to stay home with my kids. My oldest is going to be three in August and is going to preschool in September, two days a week, and my middle child is going to be two in August. I would love to do these packets with them over the summer and throughout next year while I’m home.
    Unfortunately, all of the packets are saying that there is a virus when I try to download them. I noticed this happened to someone else in your comments for another packet. I know you won’t be able to fix the problem, but I was wondering if anyone else ever found out why they weren’t able to download them.
    Thanks for your help and thank you for sharing these packets with people for free! I know how time consuming it is to create these types of things, so it is extremely generous of you to make them and share them for FREE!
    Thank you!
    Sheri

• Hi Alison,
      I had a virus on my computer. I got the problem taken care of, so now I am able to download. I can’t wait to use these with my girls! We are going to see Monster’s University (Monster’s Inc. 2) this coming weekend, so M is for Monster is perfect to prepare for this! Can’t wait to try some of those great ideas! Thank you again for providing these packets to other moms!

1. […] a free Z is for Zoo Preschool Packet from Oopsey […]

2. […] is a fun freebie!! Free Z is for Zoo Preschool Packet. This great for down time during summer […]

3. […] a free Z is for Zoo Preschool Packet from Oopsey […]

4. […] Oopsey Daisy Z is for Zoo […]

5. […] make it to the zoo when it’s our theme for the week!  I printed out Oopsey Daisy’s Zoo Check-Off List just in case but we didn’t get around to using it.  No worries – we’ll go again […]