Mr. Lucky Shirt {Using Heat Transfer Vinyl}

Oh how I love the gals at eighteen25!  Their Silhouette t-shirts absolutely rock my world!  When I saw their latest and greatest St. Patrick's Day shirts, I got sucked in.
If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I have a strange kind of addiction.  I always promise myself that I will stop making special occasion shirts for Little Man.  But somehow, at the last minute, I always feel compelled to make some kind of shirt for him to wear.

I have used all kinds of different methods.  Freezer paper stencils.  Appliques.  But over the holidays, I purchased Silhouette's flocked heat transfer vinyl for the first time.  This stuff is magic. I absolutely can't get enough of it!  (Yes, I purchase Silhouette materials to use on my Cricut. Ha ha!  If the Silhouette crew would ever like to hook me up, I would be more than willing to make a complete conversion from Cricut to Silhouette products!)
I simply designed my vinyl, cut it on the Cricut, and then followed the instructions to iron it on to the t-shirt.  The flocked vinyl has a fun, velvety feeling to it.
Little Man already wore this shirt Saturday at Denver's St. Patrick's Day Parade--which, by the way, was the best parade I've ever attended!
Are you or your family wearing anything special for St. Patrick's Day?

Comments

1. Allison {A Glimpse Inside} says:

Super cute! Oh, and so is his shirt! 😉

2. Kelly @livingcraftilyeverafter says:

I just made my little ones shirts with a freezer paper stencil! I had NO idea I could use the Silhouette stuff on my Cricut! HA! Amazing! Thanks because now I totally have to buy some!!!

Kelly

Very cute! Love that polka dot shamrock.
    I totally use Cricut vinyl on my Silhouette sometimes. It all depends on what I can get a good deal on! I have some of this flocked Silhouette vinyl though. Now I'm itching to use it on something!

4. Very cute!

5. Tammy @ she wears flowers says:

This is adorable!!

6. Erin @ Crafts and Sutch says:

Oh that is super cute! What a great idea to use the Silhouette transfer vinyl on your Cricut! I need to do that. :)

I just made this one for Kason: http://craftsandsutch.blogspot.com/2011/03/kiss-me-im-cute-t.html

7. reasonstoskipthehousework says:

Oh, and he IS so super lucky! What a fun shirt! I'd love for you to link up at my new Tuesday Time Out!

Smiles,
    Melanie

8. UtahMillers says:

Which is cuter? Your little guy or that shirt? I had all these plans to go to the DC parade, but had to fly to Utah at the last minute. :( I missed the coolest parade and my husband didn't even take pictures for me.

9. I love that shirt! I so wish I could buy one. I dont have a cricut or a silhouette.

10. Now that is the cutest shirt ever! I just received a Cricut machine and am wondering what to do with it…thanks for the fabulous idea!

Best,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

11. Sara @ Mom Endeavors says:

Oh my goodness! I'd never thought about buying the Silhouette Products for my Cricut! DUH! :) What a great idea (until Silhouette hooks you up of course)!! Do you just have the Cricut cartridges or do you have some of the software?