G is for Green

Mommy School is baaaaaack!
All of your kindness and gratitude inspired me to get our Mommy School toddler program back on track.

I have literally been working on this packet all week long, even though it is slimmer than previous packets.  I have decided to make things as simple and as sweet as possible.
My packets are unique for one main reason:
Especially for toddlers, I believe in doing as many hands-on activities as possible!  I tend to steer away from pencil/paper activities. So the beauty of this packet is all of the ideas.  You can take these ideas and make them work for you! There are a few paper/pencil activities, but I mainly focus on ideas with the necessary visual aids.
Here are some of the concepts covered in this 2-week unit:
* Letter of the week:  G
* Number of the week:  5
* Color of the week:  Green
*Theme of the week:  Green/St. Patrick's Day
* Song of the week:  Five Fat Peas
You can download your own "G is for Green" packet here or here on Scribd.

I do have to enforce a few guidelines to protect myself when sharing my ideas.  So please read before downloading.
* This packet is in PDF format.  Please be sure that you have the most updated version of Adobe Reader in order to open the file.  I am not a computer expert, and I really can't help you with downloading issues.
* PLEASE do not take advantage of my willingness to share.  I will not customize this packet using different fonts, colors or personalized formats.
*This packet is for personal use only!  You may use this for your own preschool class or in your own home.  You may never sell any part of this packet.
* There is a wealth of ideas on the web, and I compiled lots of fun ideas combined with my own.  Check the credits section for more great blogs and sites!
Credits
Clip art designs and/or fonts copyright Dianne J Hook. Used with permission from DJ Inkers. I could not share ANY of these cute fonts and clip art with you except for their support!  Thanks guys!

I would LOVE to hear about your learning fun!
Good luck!

You can find other printable Mommy School packets here:

Comments

1. UtahMillers says:

Could you make me a personalized packet with my guy's name and a special font and and and? JUST KIDDING!! My packet is printing now. I am so so so excited! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is a ton of work and I am so grateful that you go to all the trouble to put it together. Thanks again!

2. Morgan says:

I can't remember how I found your blog, but I'm so glad I did! I have a three year old son who is having a very difficult time adjusting to the birth of his baby brother. I know he needs extra attention right now, so I've started planning special activities for us to do together each day. My time is so limited right now with two kiddos, so this packet is such a blessing. You've done all of the work for me! :-) Amazing! Thank you!!

3. Laura says:

Thank you taking the time to put this fun packet together! My daughter is going to LOVE it.

4. Amanda says:

Thank you so much for all the effort put in to making this packet, I'm really looking forward to 'working' with my boys on the letter 'G'

5. Jen says:

Fabulous packet!Thank you for taking the time and for sharing! This will be so fun to incorporate with my little ones and my neice!

6. Cierra~Thursday's Kiss says:

Thank you so much! This is incredible! Your awesome!

Hurray for the return of mommy school! This looks like an adorable packet. BUT, I'm going to need one talks more about rainbows… We really like rainbows at our house and use them a lot in our St. Paddy's Day decor. K?

You know I'm kidding. I love that you spelled out your terms for sharing! You go, girl!

8. Tony and Whitney says:

WAHOOOO!!!! I love this! Can't wait to hang with my little man!

9. Eric and Beckii says:

You are so wonderful. Thank you for sharing this. This is going to help me out soooo soooo much. Seriously, thank you.

10. Heather says:

Great idea! Great way to help reinforce what my son is learning in preschool!

11. Janet says:

My son is already working on his second page and is so excited about it. :) Thank you so much for all of the hours that you spent putting this together! I really appreciate it!

12. Ben, Rebecca, Natali, & Isaac says:

YOU are wonderful for sharing this with us! Thank you thank you!

13. Ben, Rebecca, Natali, & Isaac says:

YOU are wonderful for sharing this with us! Thank you thank you!

14. Ben, Rebecca, Natali, & Isaac says:

YOU are wonderful for sharing this with us! Thank you thank you!

15. Ben, Rebecca, Natali, & Isaac says:

YOU are wonderful for sharing this with us! Thank you thank you!

16. Stephanie says:

You are too generous! I know things like this are so time consuming! Thank you for your time and talent!

17. Ginny says:

Thanks so much for sharing. I too put together packets for my preschooler and I know how time consuming it can be to gather everything together. Efforts like yours make it easier for us to help our kids grow and learn!

18. Jen @ lil Mop Top says:

This one is awesome! My favorite by far. Thanks for sharing! :)

19. The Smith Family says:

I wanted to thank you so much for sharing your creativity! My 2.5 year old son looks forward to spending our project time together each and every day. I just had a baby girl and having a newborn in the house… there is no extra time. So thank you so much for putting this together for us. You are amazing :)

20. Lori Thompson says:

SOOOO excited about this post! THANKS for all your hard work in putting it all together for us!

21. Allyson and Matt says:

I'm so glad I found your blog! Thank you so much for all your time and effort into Mommy School! My son is about the same age as your Little Man and the activities are just perfect. You are the best! Thank you!!

22. Elise says:

Amazing. Thank you so much for generously sharing your hard work. I can only imagine how many nights you would have burned the midnight oil to get something like this done. We are going to have so much fun with all of your creative ideas and really appreciate what you have created.

23. Jackie Koll says:

Thank you for posting this! I'm adding ideas into what I had planned for the next few weeks – I love that your ideas are perfect for the age of my kids! I appreciate your hard work!!

24. Michelle says:

Awesome, thanks so much! I needed some ideas for my toddler at home while my older one is at preschool. This is perfect.

25. Elyssa says:

Thanks so much! My little ones will LOVE this! I probably won't use the letter G, I think I'll be using the letter L for Leprechaun and Lucky. I think I'll be using the letter G for Green, and Grow and Garden in the coming weeks. But thanks for the ideas! my little Leprechauns will sure enjoy doing these activites!

26. Stephanie says:

Wow! Wow! Wow! Thank you! I can't wait to spend time doing these activities with my lil' wild child.

27. Lorie, Alec and Andrew says:

I have a feeling you are very missed in those public school classrooms, I would have picked you to be my children's first grade teacher for sure. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us!

28. Polly says:

It's really cool that you share such valuable stuff. I have a baby on the way so won't need it for a while but I'm sure I will appreciate people like you who are so generous in the future.
    -Polly

29. Naomi says:

Thanks for sharing this! Too cute!

30. Krystal says:

What I love about this packet is that there are plenty of things in there that my 3 1/2 yr old and my just turned 2 yr old can do together. I have a hard time finding things that are on both of their level at the same time. Thank you so much!

31. Elizabeth says:

Thank YOu! Thank You! I need something like this for my almost 3 year old son. He was what most consider a suprise at almost 8 years younger then our next oldest and I have forgotton what to do with teaching him. Your helps are an answer to prayers. Thank you for sharing your talents.

32. Jeannie says:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am so glad you did this and I am excited to at least start doing some of this with my little guy! Did I mention thank you?

33. Jarom & Kerri Viehweg says:

I just ran across your blog and found your packets! I have wanted to do something like this with my little girl but was overwhelmed as to where to start, so thank you!

34. Jarom & Kerri Viehweg says:

35. Jarom & Kerri Viehweg says:

36. Jarom & Kerri Viehweg says:

37. Zookeeper says:

Wow. Thank you for putting so much fun stuff into one place. So excited to do the activities with my girls.

38. Bondangerous says:

Alison! I wish we lived in the same place because I would love to do these with you. Such fun ideas. Thanks for all your hard work :0)

39. The Triplett Family says:

WOW! I just searched for "flannel board ideas" online yours popped up. Then I've been hooked for about an hour now reading everything else you have and this one is AWESOME!!! That's a lot of work to find all that! I know, I taught 3rd grade before me little guy came along. THANK YOU for all the fabulous ideas! Can't wait to try them out/make things! You have an AWESOME blog! :)

40. Mary says:

You are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this. This is so cute and fun and very motivating to do "school" with my son. Thank you!!! So many wonderful ideas!

41. S. Parker says:

Thank you for your idea about the food coloring. I tried it with one of my students at school who fears the restroom.. He is now producing. :).
    Such a simple idea….has helped me kiddo in a huge way.

42. Anonymous says:

Thank you so much! Your packets are the absolute best. I know it must take you so much time to prepare these. How do you do it all?

43. Smith Family says:

Thanks so much! We had so much fun using your great ideas for St. Patrick's Day! Thank you!!!!

44. Austin Lovelys says:

Thanks so much!! I love your mommy school packets! :) You are very talented and creative.

45. katie says:

Awesome, thank you for creating and sharing!!

46. I’ve just stumbled upon your lovely site from Pinterest, and I am so glad that I did. You are so wonderful and creative to put all of this together for us mommies of toddlers!! I think this is exceptional, and I’m lookign forward to downloading all of the lessons to keep my little stinker busy at home when we are not outside playing or having other family time activities!! Thanks a million from the bottom of my heart!!
    -Gabi from Savannah, TX

47. MaryRuth Francks says:

Just found your site… thank you sooo much! Its wonderful!!

48. Jessika says:

First, thank you! I can’t imagine how much work this must be but I appreciate it so much! I’m so excited to get started with my kiddos. I was wondering if I could get the printable coloring pages like “G is for guitar” that has the tracing letters on the bottom for the other letters of the alphabet. Is there one website you found those at? Thank you again for helping us other mommy’s help our children learn!

49. Docsgram says:

This is wonderful. You are doing an extraordinary thing. Please keep in mind that some children do not have Mommy in their life. My little grandson is a happy little guy and Daddy is doing a great job but there is so much in the world that saysMommy and he’s starting to notice it more and more. Our hearts break for him. I’m not trying to be a downer at all; this is great, but my son does enjoy using this web page with my grandson and everything says ‘Mommy.’ I really don’t mean to be a downer. I hope you understand.

50. Annette says:

Thank you much for this! Can’t wait to try it out!

51. Kristen says:

What letter and number do you recommend teaching first?

52. Mary L says:

Thanks so much for all your hard work at putting these packets together and for your self-less sharing of that hard work! I’m homeschooling my grandson and this is a fantastic resource for our “pre-school”!

53. Cyndi says:

Wow this sounds great. We have just decided to home school, this looks like an excellent starting place. Do we need to do these in a specific order? Thank you so much for sharing.

Cyndi

54. Mel says:

Thank you!!! I taught K & 1st before my little one arrived and have always loved fun themed units! My little girl is only 16 months old but I’m sure we can sing some of the songs etc and add more as she gets older. I can’t wait!

55. Amanda DeBord says:

Thank you so much for sharing your work with us! As a preschool teacher, I totally appreciate it!

56. I just found this through Pinterest and I can’t wait to use some of the materials this year for St. Patrick’s Day! Thank you so much!

57. Thank you for providing this! How generous of you. My son and I will have lots of fun with the activities.

58. KLB1017 says:

This is amazing! I have a hearing impaired son, was born deaf and implanted with cochlear implants. He is behind his peers in language/communication! These activities are wonderful and I can’t wait to do them with him! Thank you for taking the time to put this together! I’m so glad I stumbled across your blog on pinterest!

59. Holly says:

Pinterest sent me! What a wonderful bunch of ideas… will definitely be using with my 3-year-old! Thanks so much!

60. Isha says:

Such great ideas! Thanks for all you do.

61. Isha says:

Thank you! Can’t wait to put it in to practice.

62. stephanie says:

Thank you!! I love all your learning packets! You are amazingly talented and so generous to share these! You are much appreciated!!

63. Amber says:

Hi, I am just now finding this amazing idea! Is there an updated version or packet or is based on time of year? I know this was posted in 2011, so I didn’t know if there was a new program.
    Amber

64. stacey says:

This is wonderful! I’m wondering if you have any previous packet available? My son is two and I’d really love to start at the beginning of the alphabet.
    Thank you so much!
    Stacey

• Hi Stacey. All of my Mommy School packets are available under my “mommy school” tab. But just a head’s up: I plan them thematically, and they probably won’t make a lot of sense if you go straight through the alphabet. :) “H is for Halloween” won’t make much sense in February, for example. They are more thematically planned. I hope that helps!
      Alison@Oopsey Daisy recently posted..DIY Milk GlassMy Profile

65. Tara Brooks says:

Ok, i feel like an idiot. I have downloaded 4 shared and still cannot get the packet to print. It just keeps taking me back to the 4 shared website. People seem to be downloading so I dont know what i am doing wrong. Is there some other way to download the packet without using 4 shared? Please help.

thanks

• Alison says:

Hi Tara. You don’t need to download anything… but you will need to put your e-mail in to sign in. The download is a desktop for 4-shared and is just an advertisement. Just ignore it. :) You just need an account, by signing in with an e-mail address. I hope that helps.
      Alison recently posted..DIY Milk GlassMy Profile

66. Jade says:

Thanks or all the hard work that you put into making these packets. My daughter loves when we do mommy school! And I loved your apple pie play dough recipe so much that I made a couple variations on it that have all turned out great. The recipes are on my blog and I definitely credited you for the original inspiration. Check it out at http://jonesin4taste.blogspot.com/2012/11/homemade-playdough-apple-pumpkin-and.html

Thanks Alison for sharing with all of us!

67. Jenifer says:

This is our 1st packet & my 3 yr old daughter is LUVING it!!! Thank U 4 making teaching so easy & fun. I am referring u & ur Mommy School to all my friends & family

68. Verena says:

Do you have your other packets that can be purchased? If so, where can I find them to buy them? Thanks.

1. [...] Top Recommendation You NEED to check out this AMAZING free printable packet, G is for Green, from Oopsey Daisy. Though I personally am not a fan of worksheets, this is packet is NOT just a bunch of worksheets. [...]

2. [...] the fun at home with G is for Green printable packet. Kindergarten students will love this crystal shamrock [...]

3. [...] Green/St. Patrick’s Day Preschool Pack [...]