Leprechaun Pie

Tis the season for green, right?

Well, this leprechaun pie is as green as it gets!  You can whip this up in no time and call yourself festive!  And the best part is that kids love it!  This delicious treat has a purpose: To find the leprechaun's gold. There is a fun printable poem that goes along with this treat, too.
With just a few simple supplies, I whipped up this cup that easily won over my own lil' leprechaun!

First, gather your supplies.  Nothing too fancy.  You will need:
* Instant pistachio pudding mix. (I am not a huge pistachio fan, so I chose to do Cookies N' Cream with a bit of green food coloring!)
* Milk
* Whipped cream
* Oreo and sprinkles (optional)
* Foil-wrapped chocolate coin (I could NOT track these down, so I just used a Dove chocolate.)
* Clear plastic cup
The whole goal of Leprechaun Pie is discovering the leprechaun's gold at the bottom of the cup.  To begin,I dropped this Dove chocolate in the bottom of the cup. Unfortunately, Little Man saw me do this, and he was very frustrated.  He wanted to eat that candy immediately!
Now mix up the pudding.  I did this in my liquid measuring cup.  This is easy:
Combine 2 Tablespoons instant pudding with 3 Tablespoons milk. Stir well.  It will thicken up a bit.
I transferred the pudding to the cup now.  I added some whipped cream, an Oreo, and yes, even some green sprinkles!  (Yes, this is loaded with sugar, but fortunately it is a very small dose!)
Little Man's only motivation was to find that candy.  He was a bit impatient, and didn't want to eat the pudding at first.  He was almost pouting about having to eat dessert!
"No way, Mom."
Finally, he was able to find the candy in the cup.   He literally shouted, "Hooray!" when he saw that elusive candy.  Between the two of us, we cleared the pudding so he could eat his leprechaun's gold!
Happy now.
There is a darling poem that goes along with this treat, too.  Just click the image below to download the poem.
Poem Credits
Clip art designs and/or fonts copyright Dianne J Hook. Used with permission from DJ Inkers. I could not share ANY of these cute fonts and clip art with you except for their support!  Thanks guys!
Every holiday needs some sugar to make it a special occasion!
Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

1. Sassy Sites! says:

SO cute!!! I'm going to have to do this for my daycare kiddos! They would get such a kick out of it! I love it! :)

2. Yummy and so cute!!! Happy Friday!

How fun!! I think when I make this for my little guy I won't mention the chocolate on the bottom. He would react the same way as Little Man! I'll let it be a surprise. ;) lol! Super cute treat, btw!

4. So cute and fun!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

5. What a great idea and adorable taste tester you have there!

6. So Domesticated says:

What a cute treat!

7. Chrissy Farnan says:

Oh my gosh Allison this is such a fun recipe and your photos are darling. I love the last one cheeks filled :o)

Have a great weekend
    Chrissy

8. I knew you would make it cute! I LOVE this idea and will definitely be making it next week. Thanks for the great idea!

9. Tell me about that green button thing in the background…I'm itchin' to see it closer-up! :)

10. Mormishmom @ Funky PolkaDot Giraffe says:

So yummy! And so cute!

11. Vanessa@Lovin-Life says:

Oh my goodness this is looks super yummy. I want one right now!

12. Alison @ mommadidit.blogspot.com says:

So fun. The girls will love this!

13. this blessed nest says:

adorable!

you have a cutie pie.

14. What a Beautiful blog and yummy recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
    crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com

15. That looks delicious! Forget the kids, hubby and would devour them!!!! Just kidding, we would save a few for the kids! I love that you tinted the Oreo pudding green, YUMMMMMMMM! Thanks for posting this clever idea :)
    Stopping by from your link at Tatortots and Jello!
    ~Rachel @ cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com

16. Trisha @ The Sweet Survival says:

Oh my gosh this looks so yummy and so festive!

17. I love this – it looks delicious!

18. That was SERIOUSLY adorable!!!!! The look on his face was priceley.

19. Heidiopia says:

Just popped over from tatertots & jello and I am in love with this goody! I'm going to make them for my class ~ I teach 4 year olds.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

20. Mmmm…yummy!!
    Here from Under the table!

21. Frugalissa Finds says:

I am totally linking to this from my site..YUMMERS!!

22. Theresa @ Just Call Me "T" says:

What a cute treat! :D

(visiting you from Just Something I Whipped Uo- TGC)

23. Kelli @ RTSM says:

These are so cute! I bet the oreo pudding was a lot yummier than my lime jello I made for a St. Patty's Day treat:)

24. simplydesigning.blogspot.com says:

Love love love this idea!! I am your newest follower!

Ashley

25. Judy @ In His Grip says:

This is great and I love the poem.

26. so cute, thanks for sharing, oh and world market has the coins in all different kinds of currency

27. Michelle says:

Adorable!!! What a great idea! I am a new follower and I am having my first ever linky party for kids activities and I would LOVE if you would come link up this project! Hope to see you soon!
    Michelle

28. You are such a fun Mom! I totally want to do this with my boys.

29. I love this! I'd love for you to link up at Inspire Me Mondays @ Singing Three Little Birds.

30. This looks like so much fun! And your little one looks like he had an absolute blast!

31. Awww. That's cute!

32. Michelle says:

Thanks so much for linking up to Made by Little Hands Mondays!! I have already put this on the plan of things to make this week!

33. MeenyMoe says:

So very, very cute!! I became a follower, too! You won me over on this one! LOL – Karen

34. So Fun!

I'm featuring this on my blog today.

35. I featured this at Crazy Daisy. Head over and grab a featured button from my sidebar if you would like!

Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

36. Rachel at Sun Scholars says:

Yummy!!! I want one too! :)

I'd love to have you link up at my For the Kids Friday Link Party! Stop on by and see what we're up to!

37. Laurie Turk says:

Yummy!!

Laurie
    TipJunkie.com

38. looks super yummy! and that's one cute kiddo!

39. Yummmm! I might have to try this for Thursday!

40. How cute! Love the poem too!

41. I just wrote about our plans for this week and this is one of them!

42. Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING says:

We are hosting a linky party THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS with "Everything GREEN for St. Patrick's Day". We would LOVE for you to link up this amazing recipe!

43. Love this! You're pics are adorable!

44. I featured you on my Toast of Tuesday! Come grab a button!

45. JDaniel4's Mom says:

I would love hunting for treasure! What a great idea!

46. [email protected] says:

OOPSEY DAISEY! LOVE that! I say that all the time! I JUST found your AWESOME blog!!! Where da HECK have i been???

I LOVE this! Come on ova' and link up to WHASSUP!!! xoxokara

*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

47. LocalFunForKids says:

It looks yummy and I love the coordinating poem.
    You should come link up with Fun for Kids Friday! http://www.localfunforkids.com

48. Mindy and Marty says:

love the idea and your blog…question for you….how do you get your pics to have that curved edge to them? i'm trying to get my blog upgraded and am seeking some advice…is it through your editing program? and do you bring in revenue with your blog with your ad's.?

49. Allison {A Glimpse Inside} says:

Yummy! And little man sure looks like he enjoyed it too! Thanks for linking up dear!

50. This is so adorable!!

51. Just saw this today and I like how you make the recipe better. WHO likes pistachio pudding? No one, that’s who. I also laughed a little at how you replaced the gold coin because I totally would do that. Awesome mom ideas, but even more important awesome dessert ideas for anyone.

52. What a cute idea!

53. This is so cute! Saw the goid coins this week and can’t remember where! Think it was Wal-mart. Thanks for sharing, and hosting. It’s my first time to join this partty

54. We did this last year and my then 2 year old loved it – already planning it again this year and I know both boys will enjoy it even more!! Plus, it is a really good dessert :-)

55. Pam Belcher says:

Your son is absolutely ADORABLE!! If Jello doesn’t scoop him up for commericials it’s their bad!! I will be making this dessert for my grandtwins. Thank You

56. LOVE these! Stop in and link them up in my Happy 100th Birthday Party for Oreo! I’d be honored to have your recipe attend the party! http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-100-birthday-oreo-cake-blog-link.html

If you have anything else Oreo, feel free to link up! I”m promoting the party like crazy :)

Susie

57. RonNasty64 says:

There’s nothing like the face,
    Of a kid eating a … OREO cookie.

58. Very cute idea! I didn’t read thru all the posts so forgive me if this was already suggested… but how about using a chocolate hershey’s kiss? Foil wrapped, chocolate…? =)

59. Made this today. The Orea pudding is an awesome idea. Thanks so much for sharing.

60. Just stopping by to let you know that I’ve featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:

If you have other kid friendly crafts, I’d love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a
    featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

61. Love it!! Made this for a party on St.Patricks Day!! Went over great!! I posted this on my blog!! Thank you so much for the wonderful recipie!!!

62. Didn’t read all the comments– sorry if this is a repeat.
    Hershey Nuggets are wrapped in gold foil, they could be used if you can’t find the gold coins.
    Only problem is that they have almonds in them. So watch the allergies & young children.

1. […] Leprechaun Pie at Oopsey Daisy Pot of Gold Cupcakes at Adventures in a Boston Kitchen […]

2. […] 15.  Leprechaun Pie from Oopsey Daisy  […]

3. […] Since St Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, make this Leprechaun Pie. […]

4. […] at Oopsey Daisy, came up with this creative, fun, and Oh so yummy […]

5. […] Leprechaun Pie from Oopsey Daisy […]

6. […] LEPRECHAUN PIE {Recipe HERE} […]

7. […] Blog:Free St. Patrick's Day Printables from HowDoesShe via Chickabug BlogLeprechaun Pie from Oopsey Daisy Blog:Leprechaun Pie from Oopsey Daisy Blog Related posts:Fundraising Idea: Increase Revenue from a […]

8. […] Leprechaun Pie with a fun treat on the bottom from Oopsey Daisy. […]