Dr. Seuss Playdate (& Download!)

Yes, Dr. Seuss' birthday is today.

You can always tuck away these ideas for next year.  Or you can just keep celebrating all week long.  (That's what we'll be doing!)  Actually, we are celebrating Dr. Seuss tomorrow when  Little Man and his cousin will be having an entire Seuss play-date.

Unfortunately, I'm a very last-minute kind of gal.  My best ideas come late at night... I get these strokes of genius around 11 p.m. and just go for them full throttle!  I decided that I wanted Little Man and his cousin to dress up like Thing 1 and Thing 2 for their play-date tomorrow!

I found $2 red shirts at Wal-Mart... you can't beat that!  To create the shirts, I used the same printable iron-on fabric transfers that I used to make this Toy Story character pennant banner. Piece of cake!

Of course they wouldn't really be Thing 1 and Thing 2 without the blue fuzzy hair.  I had no time to order blue wigs, BUT I finally came up with a suitable substitute last night.  At US Toy, I found 50-cent blue derby hats along with matching feather boas.  (I never really imagined using a feather boa in a project for Little Man, but it worked out perfectly!)  I just wrapped the feather boa around the hat using some hot glue.  I absolutely can't wait to see how cute they look in their Seuss costumes!
We have all kinds of Seusstastic fun planned for tomorrow, highlighting different Dr. Seuss books.  Last night, I created a new hands-on activity.
After reading One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish we will graph a small cup of rainbow gold fish before eating them as a snack.

Nothing too fancy--I just want them to classify their goldfish by colors and see which color has the most or least.

You are welcome to download your own goldfish graphing sheet here.

I hope you're enjoying a happy day!

Comments

1. Heather says:

Super cute! It's Dr. Seuss week at my sons preschool and this is a perfect way to help reinforce what he's learned. Thanks!

2. Angie Spiker says:

Super adorable costumes! My sister and I had Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts years ago, but I love the blue hat and boa idea to finish off the ensemble!

3. Kristy @ Next to Heaven says:

Fun stuff- thanks for sharing!

So cute! I hope you post some pics from the playdate. I have a feeling they are going to be adorable!! Love the goldfish game, too. Very fun to play AND eat!

5. Steph @ somewhatsimple says:

this is adorable!

6. Humble Homemaker says:

so cute! All these fun Dr. Seuss ideas are making me wish I had a kid to celebrate Dr. Seuss with too! lol. Thanks for sharing. Great ideas.
    Humble Homemaking

7. Secret Mom Thoughts says:

Super cute and fun!

8. Sara @ Mom Endeavors says:

Love this! I'm with Michele, would love to see pictures from the playdate! :) Super cute!

9. Jess says:

Great Idea for the outfits! I was thinking about doing this for my boys for Halloween, but never thought about the blue feathers! Great idea! I was thinking maybe dyeing their hair blue and spiking it! hahaha. Also I love the goldfish graph, thanks for sharing! Would love to see what else you did and a pic of the boys in their outfits!

10. The Activity Mom says:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

11. UtahMillers says:

Cute! I love the costumes! I hope you'll share pics with us. :)

12. Thank you so much for sharing this adorable printable. I’m including it in our Little Hands that Cook with Books and Dr. Suess this week.

13. I’m the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your project! You can see it here:

If you have other kid-friendly craft tutorials, we’d love it if you would submit them. If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above. Thanks for a fun idea!
    Cindy deRosier recently posted..Tiger YearMy Profile

1. [...] already taken this activity for a test drive, with great results –  Goldfish Graphing Printable from Oopsey Daisy (photo [...]

2. [...] Pinterest page – Busy Little Crickets). This one is from the Dr. Seuss themed post on the Oopsey Daisy blog. I think I will make the graph so that all the squares are the color of the Goldfish cracker [...]

3. [...] up was some math fun. We did some Goldfish Graphing using a free printable from here and some colored Goldfish [...]