Chocolate Mint Brownies

I realize that the season for green might just be over, but
I can't get enough of these chocolate mint brownies!

I actually made these for our family's St. Patrick's Day dinner, and I am still enjoying each and every sweet morsel! Have I mentioned that my husband doesn't eat sweets?  But I love baking and have one mean sweet tooth, which means I end up eating way more than my fair share of the yummy things I bake!
I have actually been on the hunt for the perfect mint brownie recipe for quite some time now.  My friend recommended this recipe, and I must say I have finally found a winner!!

CHOCOLATE MINT BROWNIES

Brownie layer
1 c. butter
5 T. cocoa
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. peppermint flavoring

Melt the butter and cocoa together. Stir in eggs and sugar. Add flour, salt, and peppermint. Bake in a greased 9x13" pan at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely.

Mint Frosting
2 c. powdered sugar
2 T. evaporated milk
6 T. butter
1/2 tsp. peppermint
4 drops green food coloring

Mix all frosting ingredients until creamy and spread onto brownies. Refrigerate for one hour.

Glaze topping
6 T. butter
1 c. chocolate chips

Melt together and then pour gently over green frosting. Refrigerate again.

If you try out this recipe, I promise you:  You'll be licking your fingers!
Enjoy each and every tasty chocolatey-minty bite!
By the way, thanks for being here and reading along!  You rock!!

Comments

1. Bee happy says:

Sounds delicious!

Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

2. The Miller Five says:

Those look absolutely delicious! Too bad I just started a diet with my husband. Heart issues you know? Bummer. Maybe I can pretend they are for the kids and sneak in a few bites. :)

3. Megan @ Cut the Craft! says:

Wow, this sounds…too.freaking.good!

Megan

4. Sounds tasty, would be great for my sons nameday. :)

The season for green remains all Spring! (did I just rhyme??)

These definitely look finger-licking good! Send two over right away, please! :)

6. reasonstoskipthehousework says:

Love that you bake for yourself – since the hubs doesn't eat um! That would be me – so maybe I just need to start baking for me so I can try this stuff out! I also love the "teacher" in your posts with your DJ Inkers clip art "print here" button! Makes me smile! Come link up your brownies at Tuesday Time Out!

Smiles,
    Melanie
    Reasons To Skip The Housework
    Tuesday Time Out Link Up Party

7. I really want to try these! They look mouth watering delicious!

8. Oh, these look absolutely delicious. I am going to have to make some for dessert. My husband is the same way and I am just like you. That is probably why I have added so much weight since we have been married :)

9. Lori Thompson says:

YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!

10. Wow those look so amazing!

11. Allison {A Glimpse Inside} says:

Ooooo, yummy!!! I am gonna have to try these! LOVE MINT!

12. Michelle says:

Will be trying this for sure!

13. [email protected] says:

These look so good!!!! I'm very tempted to make some sweets now. Thanks for the recipe.

14. Robert and Cassie says:

Those look amazing! Can't wait to try making them, thanks for sharing the recipe!!! :)

15. Do you use real butter, margarine?? they will wonderful I am going to make them this week!

16. I meant they look wonderful!

17. Lillian Pearl Designs says:

I promise I will try that. Wow that looks delicious!

18. Michelle @ Loving Every Second says:

These look SO GOOD! My friend brought me a plate of Chocolate Mint brownies last week and I could have eaten the whole thing by myself!!! So yummy :)

19. Yum and double yum! I've been seeing lots of mint things lately (probably because of St. Patty's day). But these look the best!! I need to get some peppermint extract and make us some! And by "us" I mean "me". :)

20. Yummmm I {heart} chocolate and mint together!