Surely you are ahead of me. Your Christmas decorations are all packaged neatly and stored away for next year. You've written all of your "Thank you" notes, and you've already completed a bunch of Valentine's Day projects. Well.... I'm not there quite yet.
I finally finished my thank you notes for this Christmas. Everyone adores Little Man, and I gotta say--HE IS SPOILED! He received many gifts, and my Mama always taught me to be thorough when it comes to writing a sincere thank you note for each and every gift.
I wanted to try something different this year, and I'm sure it's probably been done before. But new to us! Instead of writing a generic thank you note, each family member will be getting a personalized photo card. Each card shows Little Man enjoying the specific gift we are writing to thank them for!
Uncle John gave Little Man the shirt he's wearing in this picture, the dump truck, and you can see a hint of the pillow pet.
Aunt Kara gave Little Man some new bath toys, among other things. So here is Little Man in the tub. Yes, I strategically placed the "Thanks" graphic!
Grandma & Pop spoiled Little Man the worst. This sled was one of his favorite gifts!
This picture was my "default" card for those gifts that were a little more difficult to picture!
This project is so simple!
* Just edit your photo of your child playing with his/her gift. I chose to do my photos in black and white.
* I resized the photo appropriately... somewhere just under 4x6.
* I added the text in a red box I created in Photoshop.
* I inserted the image in a document, but placed it at the very bottom of a Word document.
* I printed my image on matte photo paper.
* I folded the image to create a card and trimmed the edges.
* Write your message and deliver!
Now if I can just get these cards sent and delivered, I can cross "thank you notes" off my list!