Gospel ABC Scrapbook

I am not a scrapbooker.
Let's just get that out of the way right now.  I have no idea what I'm doing, and I made this scrapbook with ZERO scrapbooking supplies.

But I created this book 2 years ago because I felt strongly about the idea.  So let's just ignore the skills and focus on the idea of this book.  Long before I had Photoshop and created this printable Sunday ABC's book, I created this "Gospel ABC's" book in scrapbook style.  I wanted to capture as many gospel principles as I could inside one book, and I think that the ABC's would be a fun way to organize it! I also plan to incorporate this into Family Home Evenings, too, once Little Man is older!
For each letter of the alphabet...
* I chose 1 corresponding gospel principle.
* I selected a scripture and quote to highlight that principle.
* I used pictures from Sugardoodle (my favorite!) to illustrate the principle.
I compiled the pages in a simple scrapbook.
I used some chipboard letters, adhered to scrapbook paper, and a bit of vinyl (for the "Gospel" word) to make the cover on the title.
I know these pages may not look like much, but this was a tremendous labor of love!  We were living in our third floor apartment, and our printer sat in a detached garage.  Every day, I would print out my elements, and run down to the garage when Little Man was asleep and print them, little by little.  This was one of those projects that just felt AMAZING to finally finish!
If you would like to see all of the pages, you can see my slideshow below.  I don't know how I missed the letter "O" page ("O" is for oopsey daisy! Ha!), but I'll have to add that in later! Click on the arrow picture in the corner to have a full view of the pages.
PS  I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and it is an integral part of who I am!  I know that we all share many, many different religious beliefs.  This project is meant to show you one way that I like to teach my Little Man about our faith.

Comments

1. [email protected] and Frogs says:

Too cute! A good friend of mine made a little flip book for our little guy and at almost 4 years old it's one of his favorite things. Each page has a picture of him from baby through last year and for every letter of the alphabet she found a bible verse that started with that letter! Too cool. Way to go mom for having the heart to teach the word of God to your little one!
    Love and Blessings
    Cammie

2. Tammy @ she wears flowers says:

This is amazing–there's a lot of work here! What a wonderful book!

3. The Stimpsons says:

Wow. What a wonderful idea! You are wrong – you ARE a scrapbooker. This is too cute and I want to do the same thing for my two kids. Thanks for sharing!

4. Carly Thompson says:

Thank you so much for sharing. I love this! You are truly talented.

5. The Watkins says:

I love this! Thank you so much for sharing. I am expecting my first baby (a little girl) in 8 weeks and am so excited to teach her these things. Thanks for giving me a visual of what I have had running through my head.

Very cute, Alison! Scrapbooker or not, you do have a talent with paper! :)

7. That is awesome!! I love how you put it together with ABC's. You did a great job.. I think I am going to try something similar for my daughter!
    Have a great day!!
    Karen

8. The Durfee Family says:

I love this! I have been wanting to do a lot more to teach my children the gospel and this is such a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing and for your wonderful blog!

9. Ashley Collinsworth says:

Thank you so much for sharing this :) I love the idea and would love to make something like this for our little girl when she gets a little bit older! So fun to see how other Moms share God's word and love with their kids… thanks again!

10. Very amazing!! I will have to try this too!! Love all of your ideas!

11. I was born and raised in Highlands Ranch and just moved from there last July. I'm so glad I found your blog!

12. gwenscorner says:

thanks so much for sharing. Now i want to do one of my own:)

13. Lori Thompson says:

Adorable!! I love this!

14. Rob and Sara says:

I love this! I'd say you definitely are a scrapbooker!

15. Alison how do you have time to do all this? Seriously. It is just fabulous though. FABULOUS. I love this idea. Maybe I need to just start one letter at a time and maybe after a year or so I would have it done. Such a smart and lovely idea. I just love you.

16. Alison,
    I just love your blog. I've been studying it so I can decide everything I want to try to do. I'm so overwhelmed though! I just don't know if I'm capable. Anyway, I love this book!!! Great job.

17. Call Commotion says:

I am so amazed by you! I don't know you but I really wish we were best friends! :) I look at your blog everyday and secretly wish I was you! Thank you for all of your fabulous ideas. I am just getting the courage to feel like I can create things….I have a blog where I post the things that I create (for myself – so I can feel good about the things I have done).

tennillescreations.blogspot.com

18. Blooming Homestead says:

I so love this, I totally want to make it!

19. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

I really like your book Alison!! I think you must have a hidden Scrapbooking gene in there somewhere – this is so sweet!

20. This is so amazing! I have a 3 year old son and another little boy coming in June! I can't wait to make this! Like the comment above says, you must have a scrapbooking gene in there somewhere :)! Thanks for sharing your talent!

21. Beautiful Scrapbook Alison.You are a wonderful Mother:) He's a lucky boy:)

22. I think that it is amazing! So neat!!

23. What a fabulous idea! I really love it! I will be making one soon!

24. Fabulous Idea! I’ve been wanting to make something like this but have been a bit lost of how to approach it!

25. I love this idea…this would be a great progect for my 9 year old and I to do together and maybe even my 3 year old can jump in…My 2 year old would even like to put some input…At first I really wanted to see you slide show, which I still do, but I can’t find the link…but I need to make it for OUR family…I am Catholic and so need to follow that…I think that it is great that you followed you denomination :) and thanks so much for sharing this and inspiring me with a great Christian project to do with my boys!!

26. Looks like a great present for the grandkids! It would be fun for them to put it together for FHE! It helps so much for them to have quiet books for Sacrament Meeting. Thanks, I will let my kids know about this.

27. I love this idea for my grandchildren! I can’t find the slide show though. Where is it?

28. Hi! I loved the book! I found you on Pinterest. Thanks for sharing your beautiful labor of love.

29. Cute idea! I was wondering what font you use to sign your name at the bottom of this post? Thank!

30. I’m planning on making this next week for my nieces and nephew….what did you use for O….I can only think of the word Obedience :-)

31. I loved this so much that I started making one! Thanks for the inspiration. Question, where did you find the book to put the pages in? I’ve looked at Michaels, Walmart, Target, and JoAnne’s and I can’t find a book that fits that size of pages!

32. What size is this book? 8 1/2 X 11?

33. I also would like to know where you found the book. Most photo albums are half that size and it’s not big enough to do similarly what you did! Where did you find that book?

34. Fantastic idea!!! I just pinned it and will be doing this soon. Thanks for sharing!~

35. Thanks for this idea! It’s wonderful! I’m going to make one on photoshop to use during FHE!

36. I love this idea, and cannot WAIT to do this for my son!!
    Tristine recently posted..I’ve Got IssuesMy Profile

37. Such a wonderful idea and I can’t wait to do this with my daughter who is 3 1/2 right now and my son, who is currently 1 1/2. God has given you a gift! I hope you keep sharing! Thanks!

38. This is WONDERFUL! Do you realize that if you would put this together as a zipped file that is in photoshop format you could easily sell this! I love it, but am too busy to make one as it would be for nieces and nephews as my kids are older than this, but It is AMAZING and you really should share it!

39. Actually on another note, you could easily edit the family photo page and use the rest of it to submit to Deseret Book Publishing and have it available in a cardboard book format! You really did this beautifully and it could be appreciated by so many families that way!
    Tina

40. Kathy Loyd says:

You h a ve done an amazing job. .. thanks for sharing.

41. Sandra Burdess says:

If you don’t mind I would like to use your idea for our Faith and God girl and boys. Thanks Sandra