T is for Thanksgiving

I DID IT!!   I surprised myself!  I really didn't think I could finish a Mommy School packet in time for Thanksgiving.  But the moving truck arrives tomorrow, and I have this done and ready to share!  I am really quite excited about this T is for Thanksgiving packet.  My Little Man has been gobbling like a turkey for months.  (Funny thing--he also associates "Gobble, gobble" with garbage because one of his books described a garbage truck gobbling up the trash!)
In this packet, you can find:
* Ideas for Thanksgiving games and activities
* Ideas for Thanksgiving art, science, and math
* Ideas for Thanksgiving food crafts
* Thanksgiving book ideas
* Thanksgiving songs and fingerplays
* Ideas for teaching the shape of the week (triangle)
* Ideas for teaching the number of the week (four)
* Ideas for teaching the letter of the week (T)
* Tons of corresponding visual aids and printables.
I am super excited about these fun "T riddles" in the packet.  You can use these as riddles or as flashcards.  Here is the turkey riddle:
In this packet, you can also find a Thanksgiving colors book.  It is a little poem that describes 5 different colors you may see at your Thanksgiving feast!  Here are a couple of pages:
There are TONS of ideas packed into 56 pages--there is definitely something for everyone!  Be sure to review the credits on the last page for more great ideas!  BUT... my friends, I am just not sure if I can justify spending 12+ hours on creating these packets every 2 weeks.  I do want to share my work and make it available for our kiddos.  However, I am considering creating packets in the future with all of my own work and charging a simple $0.99 download via Paypal.  The L, H, and T packets will remain free... but with my husband's urging, I've decided to consider this.
Please read the following before downloading:
* I am forever grateful that DJ Inkers allows me to use their fonts and clips to create fun learning packets!!   Clip art designs &/or fonts copyright Dianne J Hook. Used with permission from DJ Inkers.

* This download is in PDF format.  I receive a lot of technical questions that I am definitely not equipped to answer!  Just be sure your Adobe is up-to-date so you can download it easily.

* Please understand that I cannot e-mail you this download in your own specific format or send you modified versions of any parts of the packet.  If only I had all the time in the world and all the computer skills under my belt.  I can only offer this one format, but you are welcome to tweak parts of it as you wish.  Thanks for understanding!

* Please use this packet for personal use only.

*If you download and use this packet, I would love to hear about it! You have no idea how it makes my day!  The comments I receive about Mommy School touch me more than any others.  I love the collaborative feeling of Mommy School.

With all that business taken care of, you can download your own T is for Thanksgiving packet here or here on Scribd

Enjoy your lil' turkeys this Thanksgiving!
I will be chasing my lil' turkey around our new HOUSE!

Comments

1. Lu says:

You are amazing! I wish I had half your talent for getting things done. :) Good luck with moving!

2. Carli says:

Thank you so much! I can't wait to start this with my little one!! Good luck with the move!

3. Tiffany says:

I've used the last 2 Mommy school packets (well parts…my son is only 19 months so he doesnt quite get it all) but we are having fun! Plus the older he gets the more we can go over it since I know he wont remember lol. But I totally would bay $1 for it! Thank you so much for all your hard work, I've always wanted to do something like this but was completely lost at where to start.

4. Lisa says:

Thank you so much for the Thanksgiving packet-it's great! I would also be willing to pay for this in the future…so listen to your husband, and get paid for all of your hard work!

5. Michelle says:

Alison,
    this is WONDERFUL……and you did all this whilst moving!?! You are amazing :-) I love it! Thanks so much for your hard work.

6. Janessa says:

Thank you so much for all your hard work! I would also totally pay $1 for future packets. That is a ton of work and you deserve to be compensated for it! Thanks again!

7. Anonymous says:

My baby won't be born until June. :) But I am excited already to start doing things like this in a couple of years! $1 seems completely fair to me, I think you'd get a lot of downloads. Good luck with everything!

8. Joy says:

This is amazing….as usual! Thanks so much for sharing and good luck with the move!

9. The Stimpsons says:

I look forward to these. Thanks so much!

10. knbledsoe says:

Great packet! Thank you so much!!!

11. Jeremiah Burns says:

I think .99 cents is a fair price. I was going to ask yo what you would charge for your ideas for mommy school. Please do charge and do not feel guilty about it. You have done an amazing job with these packets. $26 for all the letters is a small price.
    Thank you for all your hard work.
    Kara B
    [email protected]

12. Holly says:

Thanks for so many fun ideas in one place. Another HUGE packet of fabulous activities. (I can't believe you put this together during a move.) Listen to your husband…I know how many long hours of work it takes to put something like this together.

13. Sarah says:

Wow, this is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing, and there is nothing wrong with charging for all the time you put in!

14. Elle Belles Bows says:

Wow! Looks wonderful. I have not downloaded but plan on it and would also be willing to pay the .99 fot it! Great job! Kerri

15. shannan maio says:

I look forward to reading your blog every day. You have new ideas all the time. I would love to pay 99 cents for all the hard work you come up with. You deserve way more then that. Thank you for sharing all your ideas

16. ~SALLY~ says:

Hello! I am a new follower! Hope you can stop by my review and giveaway blog and give me a follow as well! :) Here is the link:

I do have several blogs, but this one is the one on which I am trying to get followers. Thanks so much and happy Friday!!! :)

17. Kiersten says:

I only recently found your site while looking for Mom school stuff & I love the units you create & other ideas your post. We really enjoy the songs that you include & the cute graphics. I would totally pay for your time. Your hard work makes my life easier. Thank you!

18. Chelsy@ Sweet Pea Kisses says:

Oh my, this is so wonderful! You are absolutely amazing!! Thank you so much :)

19. Henckel House says:

This is awesome and you are incredible. We worked with some of the P is for pumpkin packet and I think it is just great. I am having a very hard time finding time to schedule in Mommy school between volunteering, laundry and the general chaos that my house continually resides in. But this is so fabulous I just can't say it enough.

20. Elizabeth @ Ucreate with Kids says:

You continue to amaze me my friend! I'm so excited for this packet! And please charge. Like Jeremiah said, $26 for the whole alphabet is nothing.

21. Elizabeth @ Ucreate with Kids says:

And good luck with the move!

22. Jen says:

I found you from tatertots and jello, what a great idea. My little one would love this. Thanks so much!

23. EHC says:

I'm enjoying incorporating Mommy School into our day too. It's actually pretty intensive to get all the way through a 56-page PDF file and I can only imagine it's about 100x more intenstive to put it together. Why not just offer your 1-page lesson plans like you did before (free, please? :0) and be done with it? Once people get the ideas, then they put their own spin on it and adapt as needed for their "students." I hate to think of blogging putting a strain on your family life. Sorry!

24. Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com says:

Wow – that is awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

I shared it on my Tatertots FB page and twitter.

oxo
    Jen

25. stephanie says:

thanks for sharing – it is a gift i so appreciate! :) stephanie in virginia beach va

26. Jackie Koll says:

Thanks for doing this! Over the past couple of weeks I've done a lot of leg work myself looking for THanksgiving ideas to use and creating some lessons and I realize how much work it takes to not only put it together but than to have time to use. I really appreciate the work and time you put into it. I think doing the pay pal download with the small fee is a good idea too. I'd be willing to pay that fee to download the ideas that you gather to add to my own. Because I have added the sites you list, I do get some of the same ideas but not all of them :-) and your packet is laid out so nicely!

27. Elizabeth says:

My little nephew is coming for a visit this weekend, def. gonna print this out for him!

28. Amy says:

I think it's amazing all the hard work women put into these craft blogs (myself included) it's wonderful to want to share, but there comes a point when it interferes with our other job- mainly as a mother. You are incredibly talented and entirely justified in asking for compensation for all your time and expertise. Just make sure you're charging enough!

29. Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for your hard work! My daughter and I love the packets. I would also pay $1 for the packets. It is so much fun to do these activities with my little girl!

30. Kim says:

I love your mommy school! I was wondering if you could maybe put the ABC's in one group so that I could print those off at the same time. You do a great job here.

31. Tory and Lindsey says:

You are amazingly talented and you are an inspiration to all the mommy's out there! This packet is perfect! 99 cents is sooo worth it and a great deal!

32. brooke and tyler says:

wow seriously? i'm a former teacher and know how much time and effort even one idea can take to plan out, type up and make it happen! .99 is nothing compared to the amount of time you took to make these. i would defintitely pay you for all of this. thanks for making our lives a lot easier.

33. Sandoval Family says:

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you putting these packets together! I have 2 little ones 2 and under and finding time to put together material to teach my 2 year old is nearly impossible! I just wanted to tell you how very much I appreciate it, and how your ideas make my day, as well as my little one's!

34. Katie's Nesting Spot says:

You are so sweet:) I totally think a dollar is a reasonable request!

35. sillycyclone says:

I would gladly pay you a dollar per packet! Great work! Both my girls, ages 6 and 2 , are enjoying working through the packet and singing the songs!!!

36. ♥Happy is Yellow♥ says:

Is the basic font hard for anyone else to read?? That's the only thing I'd suggest changing, and then I'd be more than happy to pay $0.99+ for it!!! :) Thank you SOOO much for all of your hard work!!!!! :) :) :)

37. Allison says:

This is such a great idea! I am constantly combing the web for coloring pages for my little ones. We are also moving–TOMORROW and I am going to print this out to give them something to keep them busy while the movers are running in and out! And thanks so much for linking up to my Tell Me Tuesday party!

38. Mary says:

Thank you very much for sharing this! You put alot of time and love into this. Thank you very much!! You are very very talented!

39. Cara says:

Wow, these downloads are ~amazing!~ Thank you for such a wonderful resource. I’m going to use them all. I hope you’ll be able to add more as time goes on!

40. mandy says:

Another wonderful packet. Although I LOVE that they are free, I would totally pay $1 for them. I think that is very reasonable and you should be compensated for your work.

41. Jennifer says:

I’m not able to download this. Every time I click download it doubles my wait time. I wait the prescribed amount, and then it’s doubled agian. Any suggestions?

42. Kathy says:

Your work is fantastic $1.00 is a bargain for all the materials you povide-so no problem Thank you!!

43. Jessica says:

I can’t figure out how to download this great set of lessons. Someone help!!

44. Kera Smith says:

Love the T is for Turkey and would be interested in more! (even if I have to pay) My son is 19 months and I plann on homeschooling so all the help is needed and THANK YOU in advance

45. Erika says:

Love your work! I taught 8th grade history for 5 years and totally appreciate how much time it takes to creating material like this. I know I’d understand if you start charging a little bit for your work. Looking forward to doing your Thanksgiving packet with my son this month.

46. Becca says:

WOW~ You are so incredibly generous to freely share all of your hard work and talent. My 5 and 3 year olds were bored today, we stumbled across this and I am looking forward to doing some of the activities over the month. THANK YOU soooo much!

47. Katrina says:

Thank you so much I have used a lot of packets but yours is super full of wonderfull activities, games, songs. In fact I am the games director at our local church and I will be doing some of these with them for Thanksgiving. Thank you so very much.
    Katrina

48. Kellee says:

Thank you! These are so very wonderful! I am excited to use them with my little girl. :)

49. Ashley says:

no one in their right mind would complain about paying 99 cents on your amazing packets! Thank you so much for doing these!!!! You definitely deserve to be compensated for your time and effort!!

50. Kristina says:

Hello! I recently found your blog and absolutely love it! Especially the Mommy school! While being a SAHM as well with another on the way you packets have been the greatest thing for my little one! I love them and you do such a great job on them!! Just wanted to let you know that I follow you and have made a couple of posts about your blog and linking back to your packets on my blog as well! Thanks again!!!

51. Lori says:

Your packet has been making its way around Pinterest! I am so excited about it. I homeschool my 6 and 4 yr old. They will have so much fun with these activities for our special Thanksgiving school day on Monday. I found some clearance Halloween outfits of Indian man and woman that they are going to wear. So excited for them to act out Thanksgiving! You have quite a talent for organizing these things. Thanks!

52. Laura says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your materials and your dedication! Thank you for this tremendous resource!
    I did want to mention that the links for “L” is for Leaves and “T” is for Thanksgiving don’t seem to exist! The old link that says HERE (but is crossed out) is there, but there is no other link. I would gladly pay your charge which is so very reasonable for this great resource as well!! Just was hoping to download those two as fall is approaching!
    Thanks again!
    Laura

• Alison says:

Hi Laura!! The download links are still available… I am not sure why it is showing up as a broken link? The T is for Thanksgiving has been downloaded 5,500 times or so when I checked earlier today. So still continue to try!! These download services are so tricky!! Have fun!
      Alison recently posted..DIY Milk GlassMy Profile

53. Tammy Leach says:

I love your website, especially your Mommy Classroom Packets.

Thank you for sharing your hard work. It is very much appreciated.

54. Krista Young says:

Thank you so much for having the most adorable Thanksgiving packet for us to use this year!!!

Krista :)

55. Lauren says:

Just wanted you to know that we love your units! I just started staying at home, leaving my teaching position, to be with my three year old and one year old. Your units are so well put together and we love seeing what you have in store for us with each one. Thanks so much for your hard work!

56. Stephanie says:

Thank You! Lots of GREAT ideas!!

57. amy says:

Thank you!! My turn with the neighborhood playgroup tomorrow and Thanksgiving is the theme. This helps a bunch and is so cute! Hope you are doing great :)

58. tina duhon says:

my kiddos & I loved this!

1. [...] Oopsey Daisy – T is for Turkey [...]

2. [...] So E is about 15 months, and Fairley is about 8 months. Most of what I’m planning is for E, but Fairley loves to join in the fun, too, so I try to adapt most activities so that she can also participate. Here’s our plan for the month of November. (Unless otherwise noted, all ideas are credited to this website.) [...]

3. [...] Creations – Thanksgiving Printables2 Teaching Mommies – Turkeys1+1+1=1 Thanksgiving PackOopsey Daisy – T is for TurkeyOur Little Monkeys – Thanksgiving Tot PackMake Learning Fun – Thanksgiving and TurkeysThis [...]

4. [...] otherwise noted, all ideas are credited to this website.) Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like [...]

5. [...] fun with Thanksgiving fingerplays, songs and more from Oopsy [...]