Oreo Pumpkins

When I saw this post at Cookies and Cups, I knew I had to give it a try!  She made apples out of Oreos, and I decided to try my luck with pumpkins.

These are so incredibly easy and fun to make!  And your kids will love them!
Here is what you need:
* Orange candy melts
* Oreos
* Dipping stick (popsicle stick or candy stick)
* Pretzel sticks, cut in half
* Ribbon
Melt the orange candy melts according to the package directions.  Using a dipping stick, dip an Oreo into the orange candy melt.  (I wasn't very good at this, and I ended up just spreading the candy melt all over the Oreos!)  Let set on wax paper.  Stick a half pretzel stick into the top to create the pumpkin's stem. Tie green ribbon around the stem to form the leaves.  Enjoy!

How fun would it be to decorate these to create jack-o-lanterns?!  I think we'll wait until Little Man is just a bit older for that!  Enjoy!

Comments

1. Emily and Cory says:

Theses are really cute! And I am glad to know someone else has a hard time dipping things. Whenever I try to do it, something always goes awry. :)

2. So cute! I have some Oreos laying around, I might have to make pumpkins!

3. Very cute! I might have to try this.

Chocolate covered oreos = yummmm! These are just adorable! The ribbon really tops them off!

5. cookies and cups says:

These turned out very cute!!!

6. Jackie Koll says:

How cute! I wonder if you could make leaves out of fondant so that everything is edible? (I say that but should also say I've never worked with fondant in my life LOL! Just trying to think of what would be stiff enough for leaves!)

7. Lolly Jane says:

bah so cute!! this will be so fun to give to my hubby's squad mates!!

8. Ben, Rebecca, Natali, & Isaac says:

For the love…that is cute!

9. Ben, Rebecca, Natali, & Isaac says:

For the love…that is cute!

10. Ben, Rebecca, Natali, & Isaac says:

For the love…that is cute!

11. Ben, Rebecca, Natali, & Isaac says:

For the love…that is cute!

12. Love these! Oreos are definitely a staple food in our house. thanks for sharing!

13. [email protected] Stitched says:
  14. Adorable!

15. Yum! These would also be fun with RP Peanut Butter Cups!

16. Those look SOOO yummy!!!!

17. Katie's Nesting Spot says:

Oh goodness, so stinkin cute but more importantly so EASY!!! Whoohoo I think even I can make these:) They are adorable, I am adding the ingredients to my grocery shopping list right after I comment. Thanks for linking up to A Crafty Soiree, I always love what you do! As always, appreciate your participation and hope you'll come by again next week!

PS: Thanks for always saying "Hi" I appreciate it:)

18. These are adorable! I may need to pick up a bag of oreos tonight… I'm wondering how hard it would be to mix food coloring with white chocolate bark instead of using the candy melts… hmmm… :)

NotJustAMommyAfterAll.blogspot.com

19. phasejumper says:

cute and yummy!

20. [email protected] Passions says:

What a fun idea! Love them! Thanks for linking up and sharing on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

~Lori S.

21. I'm featuring these on my blog this Sunday,10-10!! :)

NotJustAMommyAfterAll.blogspot.com

22. Krista @ While He Was Napping says:

Wow! This is fantastic! I hope you'll come link it up to my Halloween party this weekend. http://www.whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com. It would be such a great addition! It looks so tasty!

Krista

23. there are the cutest!!!! I will have to make some for sure.
    Happy weekend

24. whoops.. *these

25. Carpenter's says:

Instead of ribbon I would be purchasing either watermelon fruit by the foot and cut them and tie around or the fruit licorce so the kids can eat all of it and you don't waste your pretty ribbon :) Will have to use this for an afternoon snack for my kiddos! Thanks for sharing.

26. Jennifer @ Muse Lodge says:

Wow, it's so easy…I can't wait to make them! Thanks for sharing!

27. Cappuccino and Cobwebs says:

Very cute idea! I love anything that is dipped. Oreo's are a great idea!

28. Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming says:

Hi Alison These are adorable! I'll be featuring these today! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to The Sunday Showcase – I greatly appreciate it! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

29. These look delicious and easy—just my type of project! Thanks for sharing!

30. Great idea, and they look so yummy, just one question…what are orange candy melts? I feel so inept!

31. Alison these are awesome!!! My kids would love them. Thanks so much for joining us at A Crafty Soiree… hope to see you again tomorrow (-:

32. simplydesigning.blogspot.com says:

These are so cute and look so yummy!

I dipped oreos in green chocolate for last St. Patrick's day….they were sooooo delicious!

I am showing this off on Monday!

Thanks for linking up!

Ashley

33. [email protected] says:

I shouldn't have seen these! I would love 100 of these. I'm highlighting this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

34. brown paper packages says:

These are DARLING!!! I love them!!

I'll be featuring today, so come by and grab a button!!

35. I think if you put the pretzel stick in the oreo first and then freeze them (or at least chill them), then you could dip them in the orange melt and pull it out easily.

36. Can you tell me where I can buy Orange candy melts? I can't find them!

37. C's Mommy says:

I featured these yesterday!!!
    I did find that putting the sticks in the candy and then letting them harden in the freezer was helpful! They turned out SO cute and everyone loved them! Thank you and I love your blog!

runningwithuntiedshoes.blogspot.com

38. a few years from now, I'll make these with my grandbaby. Oh, heck, I know my hubby would love 'em right now!

39. melissanott says:

Chocolate covered Oreos are delicious with M&Ms stuck on them, too. You can also cover Nutter Butters with chocolate and candy pieces. I call them "potluck cookies" because they're so easy to whip up before a gathering, and everyone loves them and thinks you're a hero and a culinary genius for making them. My recipe for chocolate covered potluck cookies is here.

1. […] look too difficult for those of you that like to make candy. You can find all the details here on Oopsey Daisy […]