Fall Rosette Necklace

One of the things I like most about fall is the colors.  I love browns, oranges, and golds.  I planned this necklace long ago because I needed the perfect accessory for my fall wardrobe!  So I present to you my new favorite jewelry piece--this fall rosette necklace!  I don't consider myself an expert at all in jewelry-making, so this is a tutorial easy enough for all of us!  Come along with me, and I'll show you how to make one of your own!
For this project, you will need:
* Felt scraps
* Fall-colored fabrics  (I found mine on the Red Tag clearance section at JoAnn's.)
* Necklace chain or ribbon would work too!
* Hot glue gun
* Scissors
To start out, I cut strips of fabric that were about 1 inch wide and varying lengths.  Be creative. I experimented to see how long I would need to get the rosettes to be just the right size for me.  To make the roesttes, you tie a knot in the end of the fabric strip.  Then you start wrapping around and hot-gluing as you go.  I use this House of Smith's tutorial to create my rosettes, the same one I used in my crepe paper rose wreath.
I went a little crazy on my rosettes!  I had only planned to make a few, but I just couldn't stop myself!  I ended up making 8 total, but I did scrap a few that didn't fit into the scheme I had in mind.  (The cotton fabrics were a bit harder for me to turn into rosettes.  The gold silky fabric worked out much better!  Just FYI.)  I arranged the rosettes on a scrap of felt.
Now, I hot glued the rosettes onto the felt in my desired formation.  Then I trimmed the felt carefully so you wouldn't be able to see it from the front.  This is the ugly back side!

Now I just hot glued the chain onto the back of the felt.  I also hot glued one more piece of felt over the chain to sandwich the chain snuggly in between brown felt.

I'll be honest.  I am in love with this necklace!  And I wear it almost every day!  It works with brown, yellow, white, and even orange.  Can't wait for the weather to get cold enough to bust out my fall boots and add those as the final accessory!

Enjoy your week... I am gearing up for a CRAZY time in the next few days!  We are trying to pack up to move and leave for out of town this week (all without my husband!)  Yikes!

Comments

1. You look so pretty! (the necklace is pretty, too!) Good luck with your crazy week!

2. Dani @ Just Drops in the Bucket says:

Giiiiiirl, that is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing.

-dani

3. Stephanie says:

Love this! Perfect for fall!

I ***LOVE*** it, Alison! Simply gorgeous. Yay for flower bib necklaces! They are so addicting. I promise this won't be your last. 😉 Good luck this week!!

5. So beautiful…I LOVE rosettes! I'm setting up a table at a local Christmas craft fair and I'm thinking rosette necklaces will be one of my items.
    Nice work!
    Cheers!
    Theresa

6. Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) says:

Cuteness! How fun are these.

7. It is so pretty on you…but then again you are so very pretty! Nice color choices. :)

8. Andi @ Jane of all crafts says:

Very pretty! Thanks for the tutorial, I have seen these and have been wanting to make one. Stopping by from m.m.m. @ c.r.a.f.t. I've been looking around your blog and I love your projects, but now my must make list has gotten longer :-) I'm now a follower!

9. Pati @ A Crafty Escape says:

Looking good girl!

10. I LOVE this necklace. Actually I love all rosette necklaces. The colors are great and perfect for fall. I stopped by from [email protected]

11. I'm so happy I found your blog, it's simply adorable (: I love this neckalace…so perfect for fall and reminds me of anthropologie (:

12. Jenglamgirl says:

Beautiful colors and it looks great on you with that darling shirt. Way to go!

13. Really pretty! Love it.

14. Very cute!

15. Tara @ Tara Being Tara says:

This is adorable – and you make it seem so simple!! =)

16. Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com says:

This is AWESOME! Love the colors! Thanks for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. Also, go get a featured badge because I am going to feature this! Love it! And I may have already told you but if you ever want to do a tutorial on a Tuesday let me know!

17. MommyMeagan says:

Such a cute fall necklace! I love the bib necklaces-thanks for the super easy tutorial!

18. Sarah @ Sugar Bananas! says:

So pretty! This turned out really nice. Great colors, too. I'd love for you to add this to my link party, "Sweets This Week" @ http://www.sugarbananas.blogspot.com

19. I love it!!

20. Taylor-Ann says:

I love your necklace and it insoired me to try out making my own rosettes..thanks for the share and I featured it today on my blog.

21. very pretty you make it look so easy..
    Maggie

22. So beautiful! I love your blog!

23. Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy says:

I've been seeing these statement necklaces a lot. I think I might just have to make one… I love the colors you picked, you did a great job! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

24. This is gorgeous! I love the colors! Thanks for linking to Fantabulous Friday!

25. Hey Alison! I am featuring this tomorrow (-: Love it