Create With Me: Fabric Pumpkins

We all know and love the fabulous Kari at UCreate!  Well, she had a brilliant idea!  She plans a craft each month that everyone can make and share--just like an online craft club!  She calls this "Create With Me!"  I adore this idea, and my jaw dropped when she planned September's craft:  Fabric pumpkins!
I actually followed this very tutorial to create my own fabric pumpkins last year.  I think of these pumpkins so fondly... they are my 7 happy little friends.  Last fall, I really ventured into my "crafty" side, and these pumpkins really made me fall in love with crafting.  I even whipped up another set of pumpkins for a friend!  So they are definitely among my favorite craft of all time!  Just looking at them makes me want to make more...
This is my favorite pumpkin!  I love how the fabric gives it texture.  It's the perfect pumpkin size, too.... I want to pick a real pumpkin just like this one!  :)
I didn't use the fancy fabrics that Holly originally used in her tutorial!  I shopped JoAnn's red tag fabrics, and I love all of the variety of colors and patterns.
Don't they just look happy sitting on the strand of leaves?!
Each pumpkin is tied with a little ribbon bow.
Okay, if these pumpkins don't make you feel "Fallish", I don't know what will!!  You can follow Holly Brimhall's tutorial by clicking here.  These are fun and easy to sew!  Have fun!

Comments

1. Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com says:

Very cute! I love all of the colors you used. So festive!

xox
    Jen

2. Kari @ Ucreate says:

Alison! Thanks so much for playing this month…your pumpkins are awesome! I just went to get the fabric to make mine {hope mine turn out this cute}! Can't wait to share these in the gallery this month…so fun!

3. Cute! Nice job.

Adorable! I love the ribbon accents. This reminds me that I have GOT to get the rest of the fall decorations up… and MADE!! :)

5. How cute! I'll have to look and see if I have some fabric that would work for these!

6. Secret Mom Thoughts says:

Those pumpkins are so cute.

7. Hi Alison–
    Darling as usual… I held off buying something similar at Targe' today… so maybe I'll make these instead (-:
    Hope you link up tomorrow at A Crafty Soiree!
    xoxo Malia

8. I absolutely LOVE all the fabrics!

9. Katie's Nesting Spot says:

Those are so fun, I like all the different colors of pumpkins you have!

10. Those are adorable!!! I LOVE all the fun colors that you have!

11. A Little Bit of Everything! says:

Cute Blog and cute fabric pumpkins! Thanks for checking out my toilet paper Pumpkins over at A Little Bit of Everything. :)

12. An Experiment in Happiness says:

How adorable! I was just looking a couple days ago for an idea on fabric pumpkins! Great idea. I like your choice of colors.
    ~Jessica