Hello there Oopsey Daisy Readers!
I'm Kristyn, and I blog over at Lil' Luna.
It's a place where you can find fun, cute and inexpensive ideas, crafts and recipes for all occasions. Go check it out!
Alison and I have been exchanging emails for the last few weeks and thought it would be fun to do a swap. (Thanks Alison for letting me guest post today!!)
I thought it would be so fun to throw them a joint birthday party.
I decided on a Circus/Carnival Theme,
and have been going crazy coming up with fun ideas and decorations for the big day.
My daughter is currently obsessed with party hats, so I told her I would make her some FUN hats this year, hence this post
(ALSO fitting since it's Alison's b-day TODAY - Happy Birthday, Alison!)
-Plain Party Hats
-Vinyl Dots or Scrapbook Paper Dots
4. Grab the unstitched piece of string at the end of the crepe paper and slowly pull, scrunching crepe paper as you go and pulling it towards the end that you started sewing at. You will continue to do this until all the crepe paper is gathered.
5. Once crepe paper is gathered, you can cut into the crepe paper making sure you don't hit the stitch so you can make it look more frayed. Take this piece and hot glue around the base of the party hat.
7. Now you will make the piece that goes onto the hat. To do that you will need to cut TWO 12 inch long and 1.5 inch wide strips of scrapbook paper. You will fold the paper back and forth until you come to the end of the piece. You will then hot glue the ends together as well as the other ends so that it makes a zig-zag circle.
8. Then you will push the edges of the circle in so that it forms an accordion flower. Hot Glue the center and hold. Do the same for the back side of the flower.
9. Now you will need to trace out your number onto chipboard (or cardstock).
Cut out, mod podge the front and add glitter.
Now you have a SUPER CUTE, ONE-OF-A-KIND
You can even use the same concept for other parties/holidays, like I did for this Halloween Version:
These things are so fun and can cost about $15 A HAT on ETSY and other party sites.
I bought 12 hats for $5, and had all the other supplies at home.
Gotta love it!!
Be sure to come on over to Lil' Luna and say hi.
I'd love to see you there!
Thanks again, Alison, for letting me post, and for being a craft inspiration.
AND - Happy Birthday once again!!!