I should have declared this week "Ideas for Kids Week." As I scroll through this week's posts, I am realizing that I featured tons of ideas for kids!! But with summer in full swing and our pursuit of keeping our kids happily entertained, I think that's appropriate. But just to keep myself balanced, I have several decor crafts prepared for next week.
I am slightly enraptured with file folder games. I had oodles of them as a teacher. And I am proud to say that I just finished Little Man's first file folder game. I can hardly wait for him to wake up and see it! I am also excited to share it with you today!
And yes, I am willing to share! To assemble your very own file folder game...
* Download the ABC coconuts, available here. I printed my coconuts on cardstock to give them a bit more stability. But that's up to you!
* Download the palm tree page here. Print two--one for each side of the folder and paste the entire pages on. Thanks for the beautiful clips and fonts, DJ Inker's! Clip art designs &/or fonts copyright Dianne J Hook. Used with permission from DJ Inkers.
* With the folder opened up, laminate the folder and the coconut page for extra durability. (If you live near a Lakeshore Learning Center, they offer cheap laminating!)
* Cut out the coconuts.
* Adhere velcro on the backs of the coconuts. I like to use the heavy-duty velcro because it adheres easily and won't come off! Trust me. Adhere coordinating velcro onto the coconut trees. You will need 13 velcro spots on each tree.
* Adhere velcro to a ziplock bag. Place coconuts inside and adhere coordinating velcro to back of file folder.