Snickerdoodle Muffins

I am a HUGE sucker for cinnamon and sugar.  Making cinnamon toast on Sunday mornings has been family tradition since I was a little girl.  My sister and I used to pile on the cinnamon and sugar so thick that no one else would want to eat the toast that we made.  (By the way, cinnamon toast is even more tasty on the cinnamon swirl bread they have started selling! YUM!)

Snickerdoodles have always been one of my favorite cookies.  So I quickly fell in love with this recipe for snickerdoodle muffins.  Waking up to one of these little guys for breakfast just makes me (and my tummy!) so happy.

I have combined a couple of recipes to come up with the one I like the best.  So for your tummy's pleasure, here is the recipe:

Snickerdoodle Muffins
Muffins
2 c. flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. cream of tartar
¼ tsp. salt
½ c. butter, melted
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Topping
1 c. sugar
2 T. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Either butter a 12-cup muffin tin or use cupcake papers.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.  In another bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla.  Stir until combined.  Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix lightly with a fork.
Fill the muffin cups with batter.  Top each muffin with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.  It can be applied heavily.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

In case I haven't convinced you of how incredibly delectable these muffins are, here is just one more tantalizing picture:
Don't stop to grab a pen and paper... just click to download and print the recipe!
** Edited to add:  SORRY!  I'm not very tech-savvy!  I just fixed the download so it is working now! **
ENJOY!

Linking up to:

Comments

1. mother★lode says:

oh, the sweet temptation!

2. CourtneyKeb says:

Oh I LOVE [and hate] that I have got to make these this morning! Mmmmmmmm

3. Kim @ seven thirty three says:

I featured these on Someday Crafts today. Thanks for making me drool all over my keyboard!

I just saw these on Someday Crafts before I got to your blog post on Google Reader. Congrats! And I'm totally bookmarking these. Yummo!

5. Diana and Fam says:

I think I just died and gone to heaven and I haven't even made them yet! But I am for sure making them today! Thanks for the recipe!

6. Thanks for the recipe. They looks so yummy and the hubs favorite cookies are snickerdoodles.

7. Seriously!?! Genius!!!!! I have a recipe for Snickerdoodle Bars – but muffins!!! You Go!!!

Thanks for linking to Tuesday Tastes!
    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
    crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com

8. SnoWhite {Finding Joy in My Kitchen} says:

oh, wow! those are tempting me :) Thanks for the recipe — mind if I share it on my Friday Favorites feature?

9. Kirstin says:

Oh boy! I think I would like these!!!

10. Yum! I'm definitely bookmarking this! Great blog you have here!

11. Lindalou says:

These sound so yummy. I just cut, pasted and printed the recipes. I couldn't get the download to work…by my way worked well too.

I like your blog.

12. Celeste says:

YUM! Can't wait to make these…tonight maybe? I couldn't get the download to work for me either. =(

13. I am a huge Snickerdoodle fan and I will be making these soon! Thanks for the recipe!

14. I keep seeing this recipe and I really need to try these because we LOVE snickerdoodles!

15. Monica H says:

Yum! I love cinnamon sugar anything and cinnamon toast is something we have on the weekends quite often. I've seen snickerdoodle muffins on several blogs but I have to say that this recipe has me intrigued because of the thick crackly topping! So making these!

16. Ott, A. says:

Those look so delish! The picture makes me want to eat my monitor. Thanks for posting!

17. Two Happy Stampers says:

Oh, yum! I will have to try these sometime! TFS! =)

18. TOTEally Posh! says:

I totally tried these this morning and featured you on my blog today! Thanks for the great recipe!

19. Pati @ A Crafty Escape says:

They look awesome!

20. Sheri Mac says:

mmmmm I will haaave to try these, i also love snickerdoodle cookies

21. This look amazing! I'm also a sucker for anything sweet and cannot refuse sweets when someone offers them to me. Can someone make these for me? : )

22. baking.serendipity says:

Snickerdoodles are my all time favorite cookies, and these look like such awesome muffins!

23. Snickerdoodle muffins?! Yes, please. Thanks for sharing.

24. Nana's Fun Stuff says:

Oh I am definitely going to try these!! Looks so yummy!! Thanks for sharing :)

25. I cannot wait to try these! Thanks for bringing your dish over to Tuesday Tastes! The People's Choice Polls are open so come by and cast your vote when you get a chance!

Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

26. anne maskell says:

These are now on my 'to bake' list! I love cinnamon and sugar too! Thanks for the recipe. I'm visiting with CMOS, hope you visit me too!

27. Thanks, these look tasty! The top looks just like the cookies I make. I can't wait to try them!

28. hancock says:

new follower from Sunday showcase. Cinnamon toast is a favourite of my too 😉

29. I love Snickerdoodles, too!! Following from Sharing Time. Definitely want to try those muffins out! :)

30. Yum, I'm totally trying these! Just bookmarked the page! The kids will have so much fun making these~!

31. Yummy!! I can't wait to make some. I love snickerdoodles.

32. greenbean says:

yummo!…even though i can't bake…i'm so gonna try these!…

33. These are delicious! I will be featuring them on my blog tomorrow!

Thanks!
    Sumo

34. Oooh. I love snickerdoodles. i will definitely have to try these out!!!

35. Ann and Billy says:

Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookies and I always made them at Christmas. My family loves them too. I can't wait to try these muffins.

36. Country Dreaming says:

Came over from Tator Tots when I saw the word
    Snickerdoodle!
    This recipe WILL be going in the file! Yea.

Melinda

37. Sue from Oregon says:

oh yum…and how cool to be able to print the recipe!

38. Found you through Sisters Stuff. Wow! I'm in love with this recipe!! LOVE Snickerdoodles and never thought of making them in muffin-form. Definitely making these soon. Love your blog!

39. Sweet Little Smoothie says:

Oh those look soooo good!! Definitely have to make these this weekend!

40. Jenn Murray says:

seen these on tatertots & jello. New follower and just bookmarked this recipe. can't wait to try it, yum!

41. Your snickerdoodle muffins are on the menu this morning! :)

42. I can't wait to try these…they look like heaven!!!
    (I'm your newest follower btw!!) :)

43. My kids gobbled them up for breakfast! Thanks for sharing!

44. Lovin-Life-Piersons says:

I just made these and they were delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

45. Thanks for the recipe! They were delicious. Although I think I was a little too liberal with the topping because I had cinnamon and sugar everywhere! :)

46. Jackie Koll says:

I made these tonight and you are correct – they are fantastic! Mine weren't pretty but they sure did taste good LOL

47. Thank you for this delicious recipe. I have company coming today and a batch of these are in the oven as I type. I posted this recipe on my blog, http://www.Hoot-n-Nanny.blogspot.com and linked it back to you. I'm a brand new blogger and haven't figured all the bells and whistles yet, but thank you for a great recipe. I love almost all muffins and I especially love Cinnamon Toast as well, made in the oven.

48. Yummy, I love snickerdoodles too… these look fab-u-lous!!

49. mimecat156 says:

I made these and they were soo good thanks for the great recipe