Flag Firecrackers

In case you didn't get enough firecrackers yesterday, here is the second set I made!  I was truly inspired by the firecrackers I saw on Amber Packer.  (via UCreate, of course!) I love her stars and stripes!  I realized that I could really make mine look like a flag!

Can I just tell you how much I love Home Depot?!  My local Home Depot knows me pretty well by now, and they are so good to me.  I bought an insanely long piece of wood that was somewhere around 3.25 x 2 feet... it was only $1.87.  SCORE!  I had plenty of wood left over for future projects, too.  I had 3 pieces cut-- 6 inch, 10 inch, and 14 inch pieces.

After painting my wood white and sanding it down, here is what I did:

Now for embellishing!!  How about some stars?

And a few stripes:

I used the same methods from yesterday's firecrackers to add a bit of wire to each one.

I tied it all together with some twine.  I think it adds a nice rustic touch!

I must say, I absolutely adore my star firecrackers, but I am loving these ones even more!!  On Saturday, my hubby took Little Man to Costco for the morning (definitely their favorite spot!) so I had a couple of hours to work on these guys.  Thanks, babe!

SYS Thurs

MuralMaker and More

Comments

1. This is super cute. I might just have to make one.

2. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

3. Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea says

SO crafty! I love it. I'm loving your blog and am your newest follower!!!

4. staci @ lizard n ladybug says

I absolutely love this!

5. So wicked cute!

6. Green Eyed Girl says

You did a great job on them… they are sooo cute! Vicki

7. I think I like these even better. They turned out so nice and the wire out the top is adorable.

8. Great minds think alike! I saw it on Ucreate also and I made some too! Can't wait to post mine on my blog also. Your are so cute and I love you blog!

9. Those are so cute! If I had more time I'd make some this year, but for sure next year. Thanks for sharing!

10. Nana's Fun Stuff says

Love it!! Just cute and makes me want to get more decorations going at my place. Thanks for sharing Sweetie! ~ Laura

11. Great job once again!! I wish i had these for my 4th of July display
    justsewsassy.com

12. Really cute! I love easy and inexpensive holiday decorations like this!

13. Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says

These are super cute! I love how you layered the 3 pieces to look like the flag. Really awesome job! You're inspiring me to deck my mantle in red, white, and blue asap!

14. Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} says

(And I love your new blog banner!!!!) ♥

15. These are SO cute — you did a PERFECT job! I feel like I might find these in a store somewhere — they're adorable!

16. I love all your July 4th creations!!! The stars, the firecrackers, everything! Great job and thanks for sharing!

17. Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish says

Those are super cute! Love em!

18. I love these! They are adorable and look so easy to make! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

19. Carrie K says

Wow, looks really good!

20. Happier Than a Pig in Mud says

These are really cute-Happy 4th!

21. Michele {Button Garden} says

I just came across your blog, these are super cute! I actually made a craft very similar to this and posted it on my own blog :). Love the idea.

22. Kim @ Starshine Chic says

They are so dang cute!!! Next year I may have to make my own.

23. Kari @ Ucreate says

This is so FABULOUS!!!

24. Laura Ingalls Gunn says

I adore your patriotic spirit. It is red, white and bluetiful!

I hope you'll stop by for a visit and see my Anthropologie inspired Americana tablecloth.

25. Darling! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my 'featured" button.

26. I love your blog! I made me some of these! I posted a picture at hallfamilyhighlights.blogspot.com
    Thanks so much for sharing! Your amazing!

27. simplydesigning.blogspot.com says

These are sooooo cute!!!

Thanks for linking up!

28. Michelle @ Sweet Something says

Hi Alison, those are really cute! So simple with great impact! Great job!

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
    Michelle

29. Love these…very clever and festive!

30. Sandra {sawdust and paper scraps} says

These are so cool! Just had to jump over and let you know.

31. Stephanie Cameron says

Super fun!

1. […] made firecrackers but I really like these ffrom Oopsey Daisy. I’m not sure but they look a little easier to make than my Hand Painted […]

2. […] made firecrackers but I really like these ffrom Oopsey Daisy. I’m not sure but they look a little easier to make than my Hand Painted […]