My Favorite Things Wreath

This lovely spring wreath is hanging on my door right now.  Can I just tell you how much I love lavender?!  It's one of my very favorite colors, and I realize the color isn't even totally "in" right now, but I just don't care.  I'm diggin' it, and that's all that matters right?

I just used a circle styrofoam wreath and wrapped it in fuzzy lavender yarn.  I finally broke down and bought spray adhesive... and I am so glad I did!  It was a bit pricey, but worth it.  It was so easy to spray it on and everything stuck in place without the danger of hot glue (I always burn myself!) or any extra mess.

Next, I used brown yarn to give it a striped look.  The stripes aren't perfectly even, but that's part of the beauty of it!

Then I started whipping up some fabric flowers and nestled them on a little blanket of burlap... just because!  I started out with 3 flowers on the wreath, and then my Mom (the flower arranging expert!) recommended just 2 more.  After 5 flowers, she again said, "Just two more."  So I ended up with 7 lovely flowers!
Of course I love the center flower the best. I simply ADORE that cream fabric with the lavender flowers.

Here is a close-up of the lovely fabric flowers.  I just couldn't get enough of these and sewed way too many!

I call this "My Favorite Things" Wreath because it includes so many of my favorite things...
lavender, burlap, fabric flowers, and did I mention I sewed a ruffle to hang it with?  Take a look:

Okay, just one more view:

If you're wondering what happened to my orange door, I did the photo shoot at my parent's house.  Their front doors are much prettier, don't you think?

If you're interested in making a yarn wreath, check out 2 more of my favorite yarn wreaths:  This fabulous monogram wreath at The Scrap Shoppe and Tattered and Inked's burlap yarn wreath.

Have a good week, my friends!

Keeping It SimplegiveawaysUndertheTableandDreaming
Make it Yours @ My Backyard EdenThe Girl Creative

BWS tips button

Comments

1. I love it! Lavender is one of my favorite colors too! I painted my daughters room that color 4 years ago!

2. Very cute!! I'm a lavender girl too….it was one of the colors for my wedding reception 12 years ago, and I still love it!!

3. michelle b @ every little thing says:

love the fabric flowers!! new follower!

xoxo

4. Diana and Fam says:

I Love the wreath! And I agree with your Mom, 7 flowers looks great!

5. This turned out gorgeous!! I love the colors you used!! and those flowers are too cute! Glad you liked my burlap and yarn wreath, thanks for mentioning it! :)

Love this! Purple is my all time favorite color (in any shade). The 7 flowers look great, and I love the fabric you chose. And thanks for the link love!!

7. I love those flowers, they are super cute!!

8. Amy @ Positively Splendid says:

This color combo is really stunning, and the flowers you made are marvelous!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier to comment on my metal flower tutorial. I really appreciate it! :)

9. [email protected] says:

CUTE! Love those flowers!!

10. Stephanie Lynn says:

Super cute – Love the flowers! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing at the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

11. LuckyStarErin says:

So cute! The ruffle hanger is an AWESOME idea. Thanks for coming to the party!

12. Stacey @ Fun to Craft says:

That turned out great. I love the flowers too. What a great touch! Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.

13. Kim @ seven thirty three says:

This is beautiful! I would love for you to come link up with my Sugar & Spice party.

14. Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

That is super cute. I just love those fabric flowers!

Thanks for sharing at My Backyard Eden!

15. Those fabic flowers are great! and I love the wreath! :)

16. I love your fabric flowers. You did a great job and I like the idea of 7. It seems to be the perfect amount. Mom's are always right aren't they?