Pottery Barn Centerpiece {Super-Duper cheap!}

I think we can all agree that pulling off a Pottery Barn look-alike item feels pretty darn good.  Right???  And I think I like mine even better than the original piece I saw on the cover of this Pottery Barn catalog:

PLUS my version is super-duper cheap!  Don't believe me?!  Check it out:

I used a pretty plate that I got at my wedding and have seriously never used since.  I know I piled on the jelly beans, but that is only because I know I'm going to eat them all myself!!  And I really truly like my fabric egg and burlap eggs better than the ones in the Pottery Barn pic!

Here's a better view of the old plastic eggs I wrapped up in burlap scraps.  Thank you, burlap, for another scrappy project!

And with this little beauty right here, I just used pinking shears to cut scraps and mod-podged them right on, doing tons of overlapping.  It's my favorite part.  Plus, I like how the bow just adds a finishing touch!

Linking up to:

DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land
Lucky Linky at Lucky Star Lane
Show & Share Day at Just a Girl
Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts
Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge
Strut Your Stuff Thursday at Somewhat Simple

Comments

1. Stephanie Lynn says:

Adorable! Love your little watering can – great find!

2. Cute!

3. Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something says:

so springy and cheerful! I love your watering can. I dropped in from Cottage Instincts. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later…

4. Very Cute! Perfect for spring!

5. Staci K. says:

So cute!!

6. soanywaytoday says:

love it!

7. Megan @ Megity's Handmade says:

Pretty, pretty! However, those jelly beans would last about 1.8 seconds in my house!

8. super cute!! and I love that it was cheap :)

9. love it! i agree that yours looks better!

(found your blog on market yourself monday at sumo's sweet stuff)

10. Super cute & crafty!
    God's blessings,
    Sarah 😀

11. As cute as can be. I think this is the first post where I've seen burlap eggs – how can that be? 😉

12. Heather@ My Frugal Family says:

Please feel free to link your project up with my Talented Tuesday Link party on My Frugal Family, found at http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com!

Hope to see you there!

13. That is super cute! Great project. cheapchichome.blogspot.com is having a basket linky today you might want to join.

14. I think it is cuter than the pottery barn one! Very cute and clever it is! I am going to steal that idea, hope you don't mind!

15. Too Cute!

16. So cute! I love that little watering can. It DOES look just like PB!

XOXO
    Jen

17. Stacey @ Fun to Craft says:

I love this!! It is definitely just as cute as Pottery Barn if not cuter…plus you know you spent WAY less on yours! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing at Spring has Sprung at Fun to Craft!

18. Room to Inspire says:

Great Spring centerpiece…you did a fabulous job "knocking-off" the PB inspiration for a brilliant look and price! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today.

Chelsea

19. Kristi Flanagan says:

Very cute! Don't forget to come plant your "creative seed" at my blog party Friday!

Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

20. Thanks for going to Cheap Chic home and entering your cute centerpiece. She appreciated it.
    Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
    Thanks!

21. LuckyStarErin says:

That is too cute! Thanks for linking. You have a cute blog…I need to look through it more today.:)

22. Marie's Cozy Corner says:

what a great idea. love it new follower

23. I love this, you did a fabulous job!!

24. Southern Fried Gal says:

I love that pottery barn cover but I love your interpretation even more. I especially love the burlap covered eggs. I'm going to feature you on my Friday post. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed weekend!

25. somedaycrafts says:

I want a watering can like that!!!! Love the aged look!

26. That watering can is great! Love it.

27. Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden says:

Cute and festive!

Thanks so much for linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden!