Five Green & Speckled Frogs

It's funny where creative inspiration comes from.  This particular project was inspired by a song.  A song I sing just about every day to my son.  He loves it!  Even as an infant, he would perk up to Five Green and Speckled Frogs. So I set out to make 5 very green and very speckled frogs that he could play with while we sing the song!

I used a frog template to cut out 2 green frog shapes per frog--10 total.  It was pretty tricky matching these up perfectly.  I made a "figure eight shape" out of white and black felt for the eyes.  The fun part for me was using Wonder-Under to attach all of the spots onto the frogs... even on the backs of them!!  Our five green and speckled frogs needed to be truly speckled, after all.  I sewed a red mouth and then stitched all the way around the frogs, stopping just long enough to add just a bit of stuffing for each frog's tummy.

This little frog is my favorite. I like his big dopey smile.   They each have their own special "personality" and did not end up identical, but I like that.

I was dying for this little drooling dude to wake up in the morning and meet the froggies!!

Linking up to

Photobucket

Comments

1. Oh my heck….these are so cute!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

2. Kellie Spiker says:

I love the little frogs! They would be cute to have when you sing the song! I will have to bring myself to get creative! ; )

3. Rachelle says:

Those are too cute!

Thanks for sharing!
    Rachelle

4. These are super cute. What a great idea. I should make some for Easter. Thanks for linking up today!

5. Oh my goodness- I love that song and your little froggies! You should sell them for all of us non-sewers out there! Could I make them with a glue gun? he, he

Jen from Creative and Curious Kids! Stopping over from Tot Tuesdays!

6. FrouFrouBritches says:

Soooo cute!

7. JDaniel4's Mom says:

I love the way this is interactive with a song.

8. These are adorable! We just sang this song tonight!

9. Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity says:

Hi Alison, Thought you'd like to know that I've featured this project on Tot Tuesdays today. Feel free to grab my Featured button on the top left hand side of my blog :)

10. Kim @ seven thirty three says:

Absolutely adorable and a fun way to illustrate a song.

Thanks for linking up with What are little boys made of? (I'm glad you found the party!).

11. I love your frogs. I have this as a board book that I made for my kindergarten class. There are laminated frogs and you take one away and hide it on the back of the book as you read, soo fun. :)

12. Lynette W. says:

Now I would like to hear the song! Very cute and a fun project I’m going to do with my kinder/preschooler this year – but I need the song to accompany us! Thank you!

13. Hi, I found your blog while looking for ideas for a frog storytime. Your little frogs are adorable! How fun!

I would like to invite you to link your post to my Frog ABC’S Blog Hop. My blog is for librarians, teachers, caregivers, and parents of young children who enjoy sharing Activities, Books, Crafts, and Snacks (ABC’S) with children in a fun learning environment. I think your cute little frogs are perfect for the Activity and the Craft aspects, don’t you?

Here is a link to the Blog Hop: http://librarystorytimeabcs.blogspot.com/2012/04/frog-abcs-blog-hop.html

I hope you will link up with us! I’d love for my readers to see your adorable frogs!