What to Give Your Husband on V-Day?

I don't know about you, but my husband is pretty tough to shop for.

He's not exactly the sentimental type.  He already has what he wants and does not like the idea of me spending money on him.  I really had to rack my brain to come up with something.  I have a few little things... a travel case to carry his toiletries for when he is gone on business trips.  And a heart pillow I sewed up with a pocket to carry pictures of me and our son (also for when he travels).  Totally corny, I know.  But his coworkers won't see it... he can just toss it in the suitcase and take a little part of us with him because he travels a lot.  I used up my scraps to make a couple other little pillows, too, and threw them around our bedroom.  I love the quilted look of the fabric.

But then I got to thinking about a gift that might help solve a particular problem we have.  We really try to have date nights every week.  We have mapped out the entire year of who is in charge of planning the date that week.  But, still, whenever it's his turn and I ask my hubby what we are doing for date night, he looks at me with his eyes glazed over and I realize that he has no clue.  I am sure many of you understand that look and that frustration.  So why not give the gift that keeps on giving?!

I made my husband a book of date ideas!!  In the beginning, I thought that I would make a date jar and pull out an idea and go do it.  But knowing my husband, he likes to see all of his options, so I thought that flipping through a few might be beneficial for him.  I only picked activities that I could actually picture us doing together... nothing too elaborate or cheesy.  I created the date cards, laminated, and cut them out.

I punched holes with my heart punch and bound it together with another one of those metal circle-clasp thingeys (what are they called?!).

I made a silly front and back, added a few ribbons, and called it a day.  Now I am hoping that our date nights will be more meaningful.  Adding a little romance all year long... a gift to both of us, right?!

So, for any of your procrastinators out there who still need a gift, I have a free download for you.   You can download my date cards here or here.  (You won't see a preview... just go to File<Download.)  The document includes the front and back covers.  There are a couple of blank cards, too, for those of you more creative and daring than me.  Write in your own!

Enjoy!

Comments

1. Great idea! Help give those guys some ideas!

2. ADORABLE!!! All of it!

3. Very cute, Alison. Thanks for emailing the link to me! Love it!

4. I will pay to you make me one of those dating book ideas! ; )

Kellie Spiker

5. Jocelyn Christensen says:

This is a great idea…thanks for providing it as a free download!

6. The Keylors says:

So cute!!! Thank you for the great idea! I just ran across this in your stocking stuffer blog post, so I'll be saving this for V-day this year. WE have the same problem, so I am sure he'll be glad for the helpful ideas. : )

7. Jill Bayless says:

Thanks for a cute Vday gift idea and for sharing your hard work!

8. The Younger Rachael says:

I love this idea and want to give hubby such a book, but some of your date ideas won't work… i.e. we don't get snow but once every 10 years and then not enough to build a snow man. Could you make a page of just blank cards that I can print and write in date ideas? Otherwise, I'll end up with 10 some odd copies of the last two date ideas to get enough blank cards.

Anyhoo, this is a great idea, wish I'd thought of this years ago!

9. You have THE cutest blog. I am so glad you posted over at Lilluna!! I am in LOVE with these date ideas, and the spring flower wall art, and basically everything else you've done. I'm in heaven right now flipping through all of your projects!! I've shared your idea over at my blog My Yellow Sandbox. I'd love if you'd follow along!! New to this whole blogging world- but it's totally addicting!! Anyway, thanks again for all your ideas!!!!

10. I would never think to go to the batting cages with my husband for a date BUT it is something he would TOTALLY LOVE. I downloaded your date book and can’t wait to put this together for my husband, it will mean so much to him! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

11. I can’t download them :/ Can You email it to me?

• [email protected] Daisy says:

Sorry–the file size is too large to e-mail. The file has been downloaded several hundred times, so I’m not sure what the glitch is! I’ll try to update the sharing link and see if that helps.

12. I’m also having problems getting the file to open or download. Could you e-mail it to me as well?

13. I am not able to download the file either /: Could you please email it to me also? Thanks!

14. I’m having trouble downloading them as well :o(

15. Curious says:

So I have to join either of the websites to get this download?

1. […] Date Coupons were easy breezy because Oopsy Daisy has a free printable! I just added my own ideas on the backs of […]