If you haven't heard of the blog Love Actually, you have got to check it out! I find the cutest romance ideas here, and I frequently refer my husband to these awesome ideas. As we are approaching Valentine's Day, I really loved the idea of a Valentine's countdown calendar. I was inspired. So I decided to make my own "14 Days of Love". Mr. Oopsey Daisy thinks that this is one of my best projects yet! Here is what I did:
1. Ideas. I thought of 14 romantic (for him) or thoughtful (for me) ideas to do for each day--1 for each of 14 days. Some examples:
* Write and send each other love letters.
* Read your old wedding cards.
* Dance to "your" song together.
* Bring home a favorite treat for each other, etc.
Be creative! Then, I created a card with instructions on what to do for that day. I also laminated them for longevity. (Make sure the cards will fit snugly into an envelope.)
2. Pockets Then, I made 14 pockets to hold these delightful thoughtful-romantic gestures. I took an actual envelope (a long one), cut it in half, and then mod-podged cute Valentine-ish paper to the front. I cut a triangle to form a "lip"of the pocket, and glued corresponding numbers on to each one. This is what the assembly looked like.... Grabbed a half envelope, glued the paper on, cut the lip, glued on the numbers.
Guess what I did with each pocket? Yep, I laminated them! (If you take a razor blade, you can slit the opening after your laminate the pockets.)
Now it's just too bad that Mr. Oopsey Daisy is going to be out of town for 8 out of the 14 days of love!! Oh well, we will have extra to do when he is in town!!